Talk about getting screwed!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.

Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires..

"Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service," the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.

"Troopers assisted [motorists] with changing flat tires and providing lane safety" for those who were stranded.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I'm going to invent screw proof tires and become filthy rich!:cheers:

• Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

How about the already run flat tyres.....just a thought :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

The article quoted a woman who had run-flat tires... I have those on my car. But they are only good for a while - you don't want to keep driving on them, just get to a place where you can get them properly repaired or replaced if they are too damaged...

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Kuya John said:

There goes my dream!:pow::rain_80_anim_gif::SugarwareZ-034:

• Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sorry to spoil your dream.....Into every heart a little rain must fall. :tiphat:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

When I first read the topic title (getting screwed) my first thought was to make a humorous comment. After reading that story my heart goes out to those poor motorists with flats or multiple flats. The cost $$$ and lost time they endured.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2019 at 3:41 AM, Arizona Kid said:

I believe one of the Major companies made some great self sealing tires. Sadly when they tested them in Canada they found that at 0 degrees Fahrenheit the sealant stopped working entirely and as there were multiple items stuck in each of the tested tires, 4 flats.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

AK... that looks like it was a wet dream?:hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

I believe one of the Major companies made some great self sealing tires. Sadly when they tested them in Canada they found that at 0 degrees Fahrenheit the sealant stopped working entirely and as there were multiple items stuck in each of the tested tires, 4 flats.

Many years ago some products were introduced to "self-seal" car tires. I learned, when at a tire store that they hated that. The gooey stuff made a big mess inside the tire so that, when that goo didn't totally seal the tire, it was a nightmare to clean out all the gunk in order to fix the leak. I wonder how well the factory self-sealing tires work? I had a blowout with a run-flat last year but was able to drive the car - slowly - another 2 kms to where I could change to the spare (the lug bolts were on so tight with an air wrench that I couldn't crack them loose so I found a strapping young kid who did that for me). Of course, the tire was shredded, but the rim was fine. I am a believer!

• Like 1