LED bulbs

intrepid
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I bought two AVR, and each only lasted a few weeks.  Maybe it was the high voltage coming in at 257 volts, or maybe the brand?  What brand and size are you using?  Maybe time to try again.

This is the one I brought from the US and has worked well for me.  I also have a 2500 watt unit and a 5000 watt unit.  The 5000 watt I haven even taken from the box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XKKM1H/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B078XKKM1H&pd_rd_w=ikWhG&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=DWqra&pf_rd_r=RY15EWJYCY76D4A8E8YF&pd_rd_r=35b8b449-a37c-11e9-ae22-ada3503c77e4&smid=A3BCQW2YNLP692

• Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks for that information! Can you maybe answer a couple of questions about these?

Are they available here in P.I.? I assume so since you are talking about those here.

Can you give me an approximate price range - or is that even possible without knowing the exact power load of a home?

I brought mine from the US but I have seen them in some hardware stores.  However only up to say 3000 watts.  Most are listed as transformer/AVR.   If I remember the 3000 w was ~p6000.  Of course price increases with output.

• Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I gave up on LED bulbs here.  When we built the house I put in all LEDs.  Every single one was burned out within 6 months. I replaced them with the pig-tail CF bulbs and they are good for 2-3 years.  Much cheaper, and stand up to the abusive power fluctuations better. 

when we built a few years ago I installed all LEDs.  Out of almost 300 bulbs only 3 have failed.  There are several brands with between 3-5 year warranty.  All of mine have been replaced by Ace Hardware with no charge showing the original receipt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Out of almost 300 bulbs

300!  They can probably see your house from space!  :hystery:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, intrepid said:

when we built a few years ago I installed all LEDs.  Out of almost 300 bulbs only 3 have failed.  There are several brands with between 3-5 year warranty.  All of mine have been replaced by Ace Hardware with no charge showing the original receipt.

Ah... okay. Thanks for the information! Perhaps there is hope for us yet! Maybe Mike's problems were a result of that super high voltage? It seems wise, to me, to install the AVR. I think I would only buy here in Davao so, if there is warranty issue I can maybe easily resolve that. Overseas - forget it - shipping and time would be ridiculous, I think.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

there is hope for us yet!

:rolleyes: Hope is the Denial of Reality Tom :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

:rolleyes: Hope is the Denial of Reality Tom :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Thanks for "reality check," Jack!:bonk:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe Mike's problems were a result of that super high voltage?

I neglected to mention that our incoming voltage is 247.  The AVR shows the input and output voltages and regulates at 230.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, intrepid said:

I neglected to mention that our incoming voltage is 247.  The AVR shows the input and output voltages and regulates at 230.

Nice to read about an AVR that is doing its Job :thumbsup: well by the sound of it :smile:

• Like 3