Seeking Dermatologist Cebu City

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have a rough patch on my face and suspect it may be skin cancer (family history of cancer).  Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Cebu City?   Would prefer someone who could also remove it if it is cancer or precancerous.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have a rough patch on my face and suspect it may be skin cancer (family history of cancer).  Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Cebu City?   Would prefer someone who could also remove it if it is cancer or precancerous.

Hi Mike. I see you are not getting responses - sorry to see that.

If you ever need them, I can give you names of a good one in Manila and another here in Davao. I know that might not help you, but at least it's something. Next time I visit my derma here - which will be within a month - I will make a point to ask her if she can recommend someone of her caliber, or close to it, in Cebu...

• Thanks 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I have a few friends that are doctors at Cebu Doctors. I will ask them for recommendation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Don't know if this is good. 

Divina Go - Chong Hua Hospital

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Don't know if this is good. 

Divina Go - Chong Hua Hospital

I was thinking the same but was hoping someone on the forum might have some personal experience to share.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dermatologist tend to get under my skin :rolleyes:

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I asked, "Can you recommend a dermatologist in Cebu that can identify and test for skin cancer and do a removal if needed?" In typical Filipino fashion my friend responded "Sure". I had to clarify my question and am waiting for the name of the person he would trust to check/provide service to his own family member. I may have to ask his wife who is also a very well respected doctor in the Philippines with strong ties to the US and cancer treatment through Lungevity. She has written a series of articles for the Lungevity foundation.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, fototek1 said:

In typical Filipino fashion my friend responded "Sure".

:hystery:

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Dr. Makinda dumana.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2019 at 10:13 AM, Mike J said:

I am back today from Cebu City where I met with Dr. Divina Go.  The spot on my face and one on the back of my hand were precancerous.  After looking at them Dr. Go checked my entire upper body and fortunately no more were found.  I will be applying some liquid to the spots three times a week for 2-3 weeks and they should be gone with no scars.

I highly recommend Dr. Go, she is very personable, professional, and thorough.  She is first come, first served like many doctors in Cebu.  If you want to see her, expect to be waiting at here office door at least 30 minutes before her scheduled hours.

http://chonghua.com.ph/index.php/Doctors/profile/160

• Like 5