Seeking Dermatologist Cebu City

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I am back today from Cebu City where I met with Dr. Divina Go.  The spot on my face and one on the back of my hand were precancerous.  After looking at them Dr. Go checked my entire upper body and fortunately no more were found.  I will be applying some liquid to the spots three times a week for 2-3 weeks and they should be gone with no scars.

I highly recommend Dr. Go, she is very personable, professional, and thorough.  She is first come, first served like many doctors in Cebu.  If you want to see her, expect to be waiting at here office door at least 30 minutes before her scheduled hours.

http://chonghua.com.ph/index.php/Doctors/profile/160

Is the medicine Aldera?  Tommy T mentioned it and has had great success with it, so I looked it up on Web MD among other places.  A lot of people have great success without side effects, while quite a few have bad side effects.  Seems to be one of those types of drugs.  I only mention this so that you can monitor yourself for anything unusual going on and if needed, ask the doc about it.  I may try it one of these days.  One of the side effects is hair loss in some cases.

Edited by OnMyWay

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Is the medicine Aldera?

No.  Called Imiquimod cream.

From MedlinePlus

"Imiquimod cream is used to treat certain types of actinic keratoses (flat, scaly growths on the skin caused by too much sun exposure) on the face or scalp. Imiquimod cream is also used to treat superficial basal cell carcinoma (a type of skin cancer) on the trunk, neck, arms, hands, legs, or feet and warts on the skin of the genital and anal areas. Imiquimod is in a class of medications called immune response modifiers. It treats genital and anal warts by increasing the activity of the body's immune system. It is not known exactly how imiquimod cream works to treat actinic keratoses or superficial basal cell carcinoma."

And no, I don't have any of those "warts" :shock_40_anim_gif:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It treats genital and anal warts

I've got a huuuugggge one!  I'll post a pic!  :hystery:

Actually, Imiquimod cream is Aldara.  Several names for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually, Imiquimod cream is Aldara.  Several names for it.

I appreciate the information.  I will be sure to keep watch for any side effects.

About that picture . . . I think I will pass on that. :whistling:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

As mentioned earlier, Dr Go prescribed Imiquimod cream which turns out to be Aldara.

Glad the Aldera did the trick for you. Always works for me and is worth the cost - cheaper than doctor visit burn-offs and it treats the underlying cause, not just the surface.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

Went to the skin doctor in Dumaguete, found skin cancer on my chest, non melanoma (benign) Two are skin cancer and one precancerous.

Had these before one on my neck, deep had to have it cut out and stitched up, and two on my shoulder they could be treated with some anti cancer cream.

I asked about these creams she said hard to get hold off, so I said just cut them all out.

Waiting to see what happens next!

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Went to the skin doctor in Dumaguete, found skin cancer on my chest, non melanoma (benign) Two are skin cancer and one precancerous.

Had these before one on my neck, deep had to have it cut out and stitched up, and two on my shoulder they could be treated with some anti cancer cream.

I asked about these creams she said hard to get hold off, so I said just cut them all out.

Waiting to see what happens next!

What skin doctor do you use in town Jim?  Is it the lady dermatologist (G.L.O. Clinic) in the small mall by the Ceres Bus staion?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

What skin doctor do you use in town Jim?  Is it the lady dermatologist (G.L.O. Clinic) in the small mall by the Ceres Bus staion?

TRU DERMATOLOGIST. san Juan street. Going to have the operation done this afternoon.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Seems odd.  The first pharmacy I went to, 360 Pharmacy, had it in stock. :89: