Seeking Dermatologist Cebu City

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Seems odd.  The first pharmacy I went to, 360 Pharmacy, had it in stock. :89:

Must be a different type of anticancer cream. the one I had in the uk could only get it on prescription. Depends on if it's deep inside the skin and what sort.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Going to have the operation done this afternoon.

Good luck with that mate.  If you need any help at all just drop me a message. 

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Timely resurrections of this topic.  I went to my "new" dermatologist yesterday.  I have known him for 4-5 years personally from church and school.  He has daughters near my daughter's age.  My wife saw him a few years ago and he cleared up a problem she had, and several expats have recommended him and his wife.  They are both dermatologists and have a nice clinic.  He is my friend on FB so Sunday night I messaged him about a current problem, and he said come on in Monday.  He made the appointment for me.

I think I posted about my fairly major shoulder surgery to remove a tumor, in 2019.  The current problem I have is that an infection / boil formed on top of the scar tissue.  He doesn't think it is related to the surgery.  He lanced it and gave me antibiotics and some other med to treat the wound.

However, mainly due to Covid, I had been postponing going in for treatment of other spots.  I have 5 or 6 spots that need treatment.  Next week I will go back for biopsies on two of them.  I had forgotten about Aldara.  I will ask him now if some places can be treated with it.

However, I'm a bit like Jim now.  If it is quick and easy to cut something out, I will go that route.  I'm so scarred and beat up that a few more scars will just add to my rugged look! :hystery:  Like my man Danny!

a25077fd6a9d415d0e6e3aee112a64a3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I had forgotten about Aldara.  I will ask him now if some places can be treated with it.

I just chatted with him and he said yes, we can try it.  He said IMIQUIMOD is the local name.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Good luck with that mate.  If you need any help at all just drop me a message. 

It took 2 hours lying on my back, the surgeon found 2 more, one is very close to my eye and suggested freezing it.

The worse thing is I have to take antibiotics for a week. No alcohol for a week. hell.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

The worse thing is I have to take antibiotics for a week. No alcohol for a week. hell.

The Mayo Clinic suggests "modest alcohol use doesn't reduce the effectiveness of most antibiotics".

An old sailor once told me that the "no antibiotics and alcohol" tale was something they told young sailors because the reason they were on antibiotics was an STD and alcohol encouraged more of that activity.  So the docs would try to dry the buggers out while they recover from the STD then send 'em back on shore leave.  The story became accepted.

If you don't want to Google it, just try this link. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20130917-truth-about-drink-and-antibiotics

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, jimeve said:

Must be a different type of anticancer cream. the one I had in the uk could only get it on prescription. Depends on if it's deep inside the skin and what sort.

This was prescription only, but like you say, I think it is only for surface type skin cancer or pre-cancer.  Hope everything works out well for you.

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I had a growth removed from the side of my face just below the ear by a doctor in MMG hospital on Mindoro, apparently the only one trusted to remove growths on the face due to nerves etc after two other doctors refused. I'd had it since I was a kid but recently it had doubled in size and was feeling itchy.  

I was expecting a nice operating theatre until I walked into a dusty office and sat down on a faux leather chair that had lost most of the faux leather. He took one look at it then sent his nurse off to get some things. She returned with a syringe, a scalpel and what seriously looked like a needle and thread. A quick local injection and he got stuck in with the scalpel removing a pea sized lump of my flesh which he popped into a plastic container and told me to take to a laboratory in another hospital. Fortunately 3 days later the results came back clear and now you can't even see where the hole was. All in cost was about 11k peso.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

This was prescription only, but like you say, I think it is only for surface type skin cancer or pre-cancer.  Hope everything works out well for you.

I was prescribed this in the UK.Fluorouracil, 5-FU skin cream or solution - Cleveland Clinic

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mike J said:

It comes in a very small sachet, about the size of a postage stamp.  Each little packet cost 600 peso.  but there remains a little color, kind of like a freckle or age spot.  I will keep an eye on that one.

I got this today.  1 sachet was p220 at my doc's office.  I was reading reviews on Drugs.com, and someone said a treatment cost them $400!

305957798_610988267315988_8200679332463860474_n.jpg

The nurses said it will last a long time.  I have 5-6 spots to treat.  Doc said if it doesn't completely work, it should make them smaller and the make cutting them out easier (smaller cut).

As I may have mentioned before, reviewers really like this stuff but they often have to bear with the temporary side effects.  I'm a bit worried about starting it now because we have visitors arriving next week.

• Like 1