Seeking Dermatologist Cebu City

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I got this today.  1 sachet was p220 at my doc's office.  I was reading reviews on Drugs.com, and someone said a treatment cost them $400!

305957798_610988267315988_8200679332463860474_n.jpg

The nurses said it will last a long time.  I have 5-6 spots to treat.  Doc said if it doesn't completely work, it should make them smaller and the make cutting them out easier (smaller cut).

As I may have mentioned before, reviewers really like this stuff but they often have to bear with the temporary side effects.  I'm a bit worried about starting it now because we have visitors arriving next week.

I was very happy with the results.  The hand took longer than the face but in both cases there nothing of the growth remains.  It is like it was never there.

• Like 3

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2022 at 9:56 AM, jimeve said:

they could be treated with some anti cancer cream.

I asked about these creams she said hard to get hold off

They're easy to get, no need for prescription.

Be wary though, they've been known to turn non-melanoma cancer into melanoma.

Imiquimod has been shown to paradoxically cause tumours, or more precisely tumours have been reported at bodily sites of treatment. In 2006, two cases of invasive SCC arising after treatment of squamous carcinoma in situ with 5% Imiquimod cream were reported []. While the exact mechanism of tumour-induction by Imiquimod is unclear, presumably it is due to its local alteration and stimulation of an exuberant immune response.

In the case of our patient, the area on his back was marked for treatment, which was then undertaken for 6 weeks with 5% Imiquimod (Aldara cream) with two treatment-free days each week as per usual protocol. At 8 weeks, when the patient was reviewed, he had a complete clearance of the BCC noted earlier; however, he had developed a new pigmented lesion over the site of topical application of Imiquimod which both on dermoscopy and on clinical examination was suspicious for melanoma. Histopathological analysis has confirmed this to be an invasive melanoma. While many authors are advocating the use of Imiquimod for melanoma, we would like to present this case, where an invasive melanoma has arisen at the precise site of application of Imiquimod (Aldara cream 5%) for a superficial BCC. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4241307/

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, OnMyWay said:

I got this today.  1 sachet was p220 at my doc's office. 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, Mike J said:

Each little packet cost 600 peso. 

I think you are both talking about the same thing, slight price difference

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, same thing.  I think 360 Pharmacy must have huge markup on drugs.   If I ever need it again I will try a different pharmacy.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, that is a big difference!