Stereo Speakers

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Well Markaudio speakers would be perfect for you Tommy. :shades:

Thanks, Old!... I will research these and learn about them.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

Look for the Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media audio set.I had this set for a desktop and It sounded incredible for the price paid-- $125 USD / USA/ Amazon.It works with your laptop also.Has its own built in digital poweramp ...lasted 8 years for me and was well worth the price.The only con - its not Bluetooth.I use Klipsch Speakers with my 5.1 Audio system they do not do not disappoint ….:thumbsup:

Thanks, Ice! Yet another speaker selection to research. I will be busy now looking all these up. These sound really good - especially for that price. I think they are cheaper than the disappointing Bose I have.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Well Markaudio speakers would be perfect for you Tommy. :shades:

Well, Old... I spent a little while already checking out some speakers. These Markaudio you suggest sound (another pun intended) like they are great speakers. However they are listed for around US$1,400/pair. Plus, if I was reading everything correctly, a subwoofer is suggested to complete the sound spectrum plus an amp is also needed... I believe these are wired, and that is fine with me. It seems that I would be into it by maybe $2,000 or more for the bookshelf/computer/small sound system if I am figuring and thinking this through properly?

Further reading suggested that BT speakers had a bit of a delay from signal source to sound. I already experience that with a number of cable channels here and it is fairly annoying - especially if there are subtitles and so the voices and text are so disparate that I lose track of the already difficult to follow story lines... So I think I will skip the BT technology - at least for now, unless someone can show me a good reason to use it?

Thanks again for your efforts and I will continue to research a bit at a time and try to absorb all this new data. I am having to re-train some atrophied and rum soaked brain cells to do their proper work again!:SugarwareZ-037:

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Look for the Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media audio set.I had this set for a desktop and It sounded incredible for the price paid-- $125 USD / USA/ Amazon.It works with your laptop also.Has its own built in digital poweramp ...lasted 8 years for me and was well worth the price.The only con - its not Bluetooth.I use Klipsch Speakers with my 5.1 Audio system they do not do not disappoint ….:thumbsup:

product-image.jpg

I also had a Klipsch 2.1 set just like that.  I think I bought it at Best By in the U.S.  I think something was wearing out on it and I gave it away before I moved here.  I would definitely buy it again!

Edit: I have many years of financial records in MS Money.  I bought the Klipsch speakers at Best Buy in 2004 for $158.99, and I probably gave them away in 2012.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So I think I will skip the BT technology - at least for now, unless someone can show me a

Tommy, I don't think Bluetooth is as good as hard wired. It all depends on the quality of audio you require. And convenience of course. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Tommy, I don't think Bluetooth is as good as hard wired. It all depends on the quality of audio you require. And convenience of course. 

I think I agree with you jim. .. at least from the limited amount I have read so far. Just the idea of introducing delay puts me off a lot. However, I will give it a chance when I go shopping here and see what I find. I will be sure to try something hooked up with BT while checking out a DVD or some sort of programming. Thanks for your thoughts!

• Like 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks, Ice! Yet another speaker selection to research. I will be busy now looking all these up. These sound really good - especially for that price. I think they are cheaper than the disappointing Bose I have.

Some audiophiles consider BOSE stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment! :hystery:

I had Cerwin Vega's and Definitive Technologies (DefTech) hooked to a Yamaha receiver/amp before I moved here, all given away.

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

I had Cerwin Vega's and Definitive Technologies (DefTech) hooked to a Yamaha receiver/amp before I moved here, all given away.

I had a nice stereo on the yacht with ancient SpeakerLab .1 speakers. They were great. I should have taken them with me.

I am having to re-learn all about stereo gear again after so many years not having to deal with it because the equipment I had was fine.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Hello again, Ice. I researched these speakers online late yesterday. Thanks again for the tip! I did see them advertised at Amazon for $125 as you suggested. I like the idea of them and they had good reviews. I am thinking about something like that but keep returning to the issues of shipping them here (I still need to research the balakbayan box shipping) and also, in the unlikely even something goes wrong with them, there would be no warranty service here, right? As I mentioned already, blue tooth is not really something I think I want. My current need is only for the shelf/computer/small TV speakers.

So today I will try to find the Logitech speaker systems that Jake suggested and also sound bars such as Jake described and JGF illustrated. They seem to be available here, which is also good so I can actually listen to them. I will take a memory stick with me with a few bits of music I like that may challenge them with the bass and other frequency ranges to compare.

I think that, for the long term, I will look further into the suggestions from Old, especially, since he offered some expert advice to produce really high quality sound on a budget. Lots of great advice from many here, thanks!

Edited by Tommy T.

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hello again, Ice. I researched these speakers online late yesterday. Thanks again for the tip! I did see them advertised at Amazon for $125 as you suggested. I like the idea of them and they had good reviews. I am thinking about something like that but keep returning to the issues of shipping them here (I still need to research the balakbayan box shipping) and also, in the unlikely even something goes wrong with them, there would be no warranty service here, right? As I mentioned already, blue tooth is not really something I think I want. My current need is only for the shelf/computer/small TV speakers.

So today I will try to find the Logitech speaker systems that Jake suggested and also sound bars such as Jake described and JGF illustrated. They seem to be available here, which is also good so I can actually listen to them. I will take a memory stick with me with a few bits of music I like that may challenge them with the bass and other frequency ranges to compare.

I think that, for the long term, I will look further into the suggestions from Old, especially, since he offered some expert advice to produce really high quality sound on a budget. Lots of great advice from many here, thanks!

The Klipsch website does not show any dealers in the Philippines.So this 2.1 series speaker set may not be available there.As you mentioned its always nice to be able to see and listen to speakers before you buy.But if you should happen to locate a set of these near by be sure to take a look at them.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1