Stereo Speakers

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jake said:

Very nice rig Tommy T!

Thanks... As said before...so far, so good....

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks... As said before...so far, so good....

I checked them out too Tommy. The only important thing is you are pleased with  how they sound. It's cool no cables to mess with too. 

Yes, new class D digital (ice) amps can put out large honest amounts of power with little heat or cost. The sound is slightly lacking but for most needs are a good choice.

You've informed your wife those are unable to do Karaoke, right? :shades::mocking: It's clearly stated in the manual. :whistling:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

You've informed your wife those are unable to do Karaoke, right? :shades::mocking: It's clearly stated in the manual. :whistling:

Hahaha!!! Microphone was not included!!! And. sorry to say, there are cables... I don't mind because BlueTooth introduces a bit of delay in sound and we already go crazy watching cable TV with some channels having delay between sight and sound...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Yes, new class D digital (ice) amps can put out large honest amounts of power with little heat or cost. The sound is slightly lacking but for most needs are a good choice.

The sound is not as full or rich as my vintage 1968 Allied Radio 80 amp (tube type) stereo and speakers, but it will do for us for a long while, I think. Thanks for your input before. I will definitely look into a system like you described some time after we move into the house and really want a whole house system... And there won't be microphones for that one either!!!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

IMO vacuum tubes are far superior to solid state. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Old55 said:

IMO vacuum tubes are far superior to solid state. 

There is no question... The "new" generations have not been exposed to that "old" technology. I also think they are not as discerning about sounds as us old codgers, right? Here in P.I. all they seem to want is the boom boom boom of  heavy bass that just goes on forever and the electronic sounds of synthetic instruments. At the risk of sounding like my Dad to me forever ago, I just don't "get" so-called modern music - at least not what I hear in the Philippines. I love some of the traditional music here and just go crazy listening to the Spanish style music - salsa, rhumba...etc...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Chile sounds incredible on this system!

• Love it 1

• 3 months later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 7/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, Tommy T. said:

Hahaha!!! Microphone was not included!!! And. sorry to say, there are cables... I don't mind because BlueTooth introduces a bit of delay in sound and we already go crazy watching cable TV with some channels having delay between sight and sound...

Check the settings on your TV. Some include a setting for sound delay so you can better match the video to the audio.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

Check the settings on your TV. Some include a setting for sound delay so you can better match the video to the audio.

Thanks, Earth... Yeah... I did look and there is nothing there regarding sound delay. I spoke with some others about it here and it is common on several cable channels here. The TV is a bit older and not an expensive model (it's part of the apartment rental package).