Apollo 11

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

OK I get it now Jack..took me a couple of min. :biggrin: My attention span is lacking! :smile:

:whatever: :whistling:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whatever: :whistling:

Please don't tell anyone.:huh:

Rayj
Posted
Posted

How about “How High the Moon” as a theme song for this week. I just heard it by emmylou Harris and finally “got it”. I’m going to dig out my Les Paul and Mary Ford album to see if I get that one yet. The  Emmy Lou Harris album also has “Bad Moon Rising” .

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

11 July 1969 , David Bowie release his single Space Oddity , I think that suits this week very well.

Now how many of us feel old after reading this record is 50 years old.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

yone remember having to put pieces of cardboard on the inside of their shoe so the hole in the sole of the shoe wouldn't put a hole in their socks?:mellow:

no, but i remember putting plastic bags over my sock because the rubber boots had holes in them.Watched the moon landing at my uncle Ronald's. 12 in black and white, watched it standing on the back porch, best reception we could get with the rabbit ears

Edited by canadamale
trying to stay on topic/spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ranger Andy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was full of wonder on that day!

In retrospect, I envisioned how we would soon be sending men and women to Mars and beyond.  Plus, being a fan of Star Trek, I had even grander hopes of adventures beyond our own solar system.

However, instead of all that, the US decided to stay close to the earth with a disastrous space shuttle program, and now the once successful winners of the space race have to rely on soviet-era spacecraft to get to a space station that’s in a permanent near earth orbit.

50 years ago, I was thrilled about the future of mankind, but today I’m just a cynic! :Mad:

How sad! :sad:

Edited by Ranger Andy
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Rayj said:

The  Emmy Lou Harris album also has “Bad Moon Rising” .

I prefer the Creedance Clearwater Revival version of "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise."

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

Now how many of us feel old after reading this record is 50 years old.

Yeah... Thanks for the reminder, Steve. I feel that every morning when I wake up is a victory!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Ranger Andy said:

50 years ago, I was thrilled about the future of mankind, but today I’m just a cynic! :Mad:

Maybe I feel the same way... But there are also so many problems here on Earth to fix... Maybe - IMOO - just getting beyond our caveman era tribalism and become a truly planetary population? Sorry... I digressed again, as usual, from the topic of the incredible moon landings which thought still totally thrills me...

• Hmm thinking 1

Ranger Andy
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

But there are also so many problems here on Earth to fix... Maybe - IMOO - just getting beyond our caveman era tribalism and become a truly planetary population?

If you think about how the earth was viewed on Star Trek, mankind had evolved to a point where planetary tribalism had truly ended.  Of course, there were new tribalistic issues involving Klingons and Romulans. :laugh:

• Haha 1