Apollo 11

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ranger Andy said:

If you think about how the earth was viewed on Star Trek, mankind had evolved to a point where planetary tribalism had truly ended.  Of course, there were new tribalistic issues involving Klingons and Romulans. :laugh:

I love Star Trek. It makes me wish I were born 200 years - or later - from now. But then, with all the political bullshit flying around, maybe it won't happen anyway? But I am not going to start a political discussion here... maybe elsewhere someday...?

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Beam me up Tommy.:pufff:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Okay, Jim...! Where to?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Oooops! Ah, Jim? JIm? Uh oh... I think we lost Jim... Scotty! Bring him back! Check the dilithium crystals - give it all she's got!!!

• Haha 2

Rayj
Posted
Posted

Rayj
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I prefer the Creedance Clearwater Revival version of "There's a Bad Moon on the Rise."

The words are actually “There’s a bathroom on the right”. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just watch the 2nd part, the landing on the moon, very emotional, Houston the eagle has landed, Amazing 

• Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We sat around a 22 inch black and white Rank Arena Television (cost a small fortune at the time but it was my fathers pride and joy) with the parents on the lounge chairs and us 2 kids on the floor in front of the TV.  It was... amazing.

On a related topic some of the ground stations in Australia (the radio dishes that received and relayed the signals when the USA stations were below the horizon) had anniversary events and there was also an event in our nations capitol.

The photo below is of Graeme Knight, Australian Space Shuttle Astronaut Dr. Andy Thomas and NASA Apollo Moon Mission Technician Mike Tobin, in Australia's capitol Canberra for the Apollo 50th anniversary.  Mike is still designing circuit boards and radios and building them even though he's retired and his work is still interesting and clever (I can follow what he does and even build some of it but I could never design the way he does, he has one of those minds that looks at a problem and just sees a solution).

apollo celebration.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing your information and thoughts!

I love to hear about the internationalism (I know that is not a word) regarding space exploration. Maybe we humans can surpass tribalism and become a truly planetary population? At least in someone's time frame?

Edited by Tommy T.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe we humans can surpass tribalism and become a truly planetary population? At least in someone's time frame?

:hystery: careful what you wish for TOM, Remember "Planet of the Apes" there is nothing more Tribal than Apes

• Haha 2