This Applies 100% to Filipinas!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Love to take a picture or 2 and what’s so great these days you can take hundreds and then delete most of them ,like some have said that’s all we have left of loved ones pictures.

Now I understand about leaving the bloody phone at home but never the camera.

I do agree about capturing memorable moments on camera, as well as some of the more mundane to have something to look back on in the future.  What gets me is the multiple shots of the same thing, and taking of photos of food!  Oh, and add selfies to the list! 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

and taking of photos of food!  

I’ve got to do this to prove to Emma I am eating well while she is not here:SugarwareZ-047:

• Haha 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Now I understand about leaving the bloody phone at home but never the camera.

We now leave the camera at home and just take the phones.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Viking said:

This part reminds me of a guy going with us on an island-hopping 10 years ago. He was totally facinated about the gps with a plotter he had with him. He looked at it constantly and only raised his head occasionally to make sure that reality matched with his gps. Then 100 % focus on the plotter again. He could not understand why we was´nt very interested when he tried to show us about all the functions and we could not understand we he did not enjoy the great views instead :89:

I agree totally with you - that's what that article is saying to me.

And please don't start talking about shortcomings... There isn't a enough memory on my laptop to list all of mine!:hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

I’ve got to do this to prove to Emma I am eating well while she is not here:SugarwareZ-047:

Yeah, Steve, good point! I have taken food photos - occasionally! - to document that I cooked and ate a nice meal while L was out at a function with friends somewhere. I love to take a photo of cookies or brownies that I bake to send her while she is at school. Then she sends me messages that she is soooo hungry! I guess, like my Dad said (I know I repeat here)...Son, everything in moderation. At least I don't post photos to FaceBook and neither does L. She has friends who attend some party or whatever and L laughs because within five minutes of them getting home and suddenly there is a barrage of photos of the event. They haven't even digested their food yet!:smile:

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Viking said:

I have do disagree that this apply to 100 % of all philippinas. My woman is an exception, and I am very thankfull for that :thumbsup:

You’re lucky I guess.  That article could have actually been talking about mine. Drives me nuts. :hystery:

• Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2019 at 3:54 AM, Tommy T. said:

In lieu of picture taking, we spent the day listening to music on and off, which, in a way, is very similar. Whenever I hear those songs now, I'm immediately taken back to those moments and vivid memories from our trip flash through my mind. And while I don't think my friend will abandon her photo-shoot-planning ways anytime soon, I think she maybe learned that it doesn't have to be constant. That some things are meant to be experienced without a camera. And that some friends are worth compromising for.

Every time i hear thr fleetwood mac song Rhiannon, the memory of me sitting in my yacht with the spinaker up sailing in gentle water past the cliffs of yorkshire comes to mind , i was too laid back to even think of taking pictures ,i was just inhaling the scenery

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

i was too laid back to even think of taking pictures ,i was just inhaling the scenery

:whistling: Would a different story now I bet if you GF was with you :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, GeoffH said:

One of the regrets of my life is that I didn't take more photos of my life and the people around me when I was younger, I get the excessive photo taking and taking staged photos is a step too far but it's easy to go too far the other way and not take enough.

I especially like the few pictures that I have when I was younger of the pictures that are not posed. They are the best ones!:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, TimL said:

Drives me nuts. :hystery:

Be careful..this could mean something else in Aussie language!:wait_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 4