Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've been married a few times myself.

wife and marriage.jpg anyone relate :shock_40_anim_gif: Doomed from day one EH? :shades: Yep well of Topic

Oooops.jpg But I liked this One

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yeah, we (first one) were very happy up until she decided to trade me in for a younger model .  

Shit happens.  :thumbsup:

She was only 17 years younger than me.

Current one is 34 years younger.  If ya can't beat em.... :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

For you Corvette lovers.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Officer Danny (Intrepid),

What was your favorite police cruiser or fast boat, since you are a "harbormaster", coaster patrol, rescue and salvage?  

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Hey Officer Danny (Intrepid),

What was your favorite police cruiser or fast boat, since you are a "harbormaster", coaster patrol, rescue and salvage?  

Ive never had a fast boat , its been sail boats for me , theres a 67 footer for sale in the states at the moment that has me drooling over it ,if id seen it before i bought the condo and farm id part with the brass for it 

For speed i use motorcycles, just back from blasting my bike down past a load of former USAF ww2 bases , i love my bike

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed! I just want to get in a car some day - before I die - and drive from 0-130 mph in less than 6 seconds... Is that too much to ask?

Kidding... I just love muscle cars with 1,000 hp or so... I really would love to drive one (not a virtual one, Graham...sorry) just to do it...

I am a pocket rev-head after so many years sailing at 5-8 knots... I want SPEED!!!!

My SRT can do 0 - 60 in about 3 seconds, they are affordable Tommy. There is a long onramp near my workplace 5am Sunday mornings quickly runs up to 160 not even slowing and I loose my nerve that's the fastest I've gone in a car.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My SRT can do 0 - 60 in about 3 seconds, they are affordable Tommy. There is a long onramp near my workplace 5am Sunday mornings quickly runs up to 160 not even slowing and I loose my nerve that's the fastest I've gone in a car.

Really? I am very impressed! My fastest experience was as a passenger hitch-hiker in Berlin in 1973.

The nut-job I got a ride with was pissed because the speed limit for foreign (not East) Germans through the "corridor" was 100 kph. As soon as we cleared the West Berlin gateway (in his BMW something), he took off at over 240 kph (about 145 mph) in the left lane in rain and flashing his high beams at anyone in his path... I started out clutching the hand-holds and dash for a while then, realizing the futility of that, just relaxed in my seat because I knew that, if we crashed, no effort of holding on would help... I was just glad to arrive, finally, safe and sound...

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Ive never had a fast boat , its been sail boats for me 

Apologies for going a bit off topic (but I think we've just about seen everyone's cars now!).

Below is a picture of my Sleekline cross over fitted with a 350 cubic inch Mercury V-8 - carby version.  It was in a mild state of tune and only making 310 horse power because it was better to have low down grunt to pull the skiers and boarders out of the water.  It'd still do 55 mph (90kph) though.

sleekline 1.jpg

engine.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

55mph on water is darn fast.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Old55 said:

55mph on water is darn fast.

It feels darn fast... until you see the guys from the local race boat club really going for it  :hystery:

race fast.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1