Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Heres a few pics of this iconic sports car.The Silver Corvette with the Badge on the fender (last pic) is just like the one I saw in 1963...

Thanks, Ice! Wonderful pics of a timeless design! It must have made a real impression on you considering you still remember the sticker price.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Yes, it was Texas.

Did he have a gun rack in the back window with a shotgun and Winchester repeater? If not, he was not a true Texan!:hystery:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Dollars went a lot farther then, but they were also a lot harder to come by. 

Remember when "expensive, premium" gas was maybe $.35/gallon? That was the price at the Texaco I worked at then and it was the most expensive in town. You could go out to the highway (which my Dad always did) and get it for $.28/gal... And I was working there of $1.65/hr... my first real job.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mike J said:

My brother's roadster.

What model and model year was that? My Dad owned a model A roadster back in the day...

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Years ago I encountered a man and his corvette of this model. He had a trailer hitch on his. Yes, it was Texas.

The Corvette is a car I would not tow anything with.Even if it does have the power....:no:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

What model and model year was that? My Dad owned a model A roadster back in the day...

He has been building roadsters since he was in highschool.  He is 71 now and I have lost count of what he has built.  I think this is a 32 Ford, but not sure.  He has a room full of trophies from car shows that he has won over the years.  A gifted machinist, almost nothing he cannot build from metal.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Bwahahahaha!!! That is truly amazing! It is quite realistic. Have you ever fallen out of your seat during your enthusiastic rides? I have never seen game video like that before. I guess I still live in the stone age...

MUCH more realistic before going through the distortions of internet uploading, I can assure you. Just amazing, the realism of the graphics nowadays. 

The 'physics' of these simulator games are incredibly accurate too.  'Proper' racing drivers do use them to practice the circuits and corners, etc. All the tracks have been accurately mapped out using laser technology.

It has certainly made watching motor sport such as F1 more enjoyable for me, as I have now 'driven' most of the tracks they use. 

I race online too, against people from all over the world .  A complete field of competitors is assembled, on a track of their choosing, and then off you go, foot down.  Again.... amazing. :smile:

• Love it 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

The Corvette is a car I would not tow anything with.Even if it does have the power....:no:

I figured he probably just pulled a light bass boat.

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, graham59 said:

MUCH more realistic before going through the distortions of internet uploading, I can assure you. Just amazing, the realism of the graphics nowadays. 

Thanks for sharing! That really is soooo cool! But now I want to ride in a real American muscle car with 800-1000 hp... just once in my life. I want to feel that kick when the trans brake is released on the green light... Yeah, I am an armchair rev-head!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oh, I would point out that these (my) YouTube videos are only visible to those with the link... as on this forum. They are not 'public'.  :wink:

• Like 2