Transporting a Motorbike.

Barney
Posted
Posted (edited)

Any ideas on the best way to send my motorbike (an XR200 Honda) from Angeles to Bohol?

Riding it there would obviously take forever! And maybe would want to send some other items with it.

Also any issues I hadn't thought of with registering it next time in a different region?

Any suggestions gratefully received. Maybe better to sell it and buy one there?

Edited by Barney

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Barney said:

Riding it there would obviously take forever!

I could name half a dozen guys who have done it just for fun . .  and back again.  But it isn't my idea of a good time either.  If it was me I might bring it on the ferry to Cebu and another ferry to Bohol.

As far as registering in another province, some provinces have restrictions and others do not.  You will have to ask at the LTO when you arrive.

Just as an example of that.  Many vehicles that are registered in Mindanao must stay registered there.  Another example, when I wanted to move from Cebu to Biliran province the LTO in Biliran would not allow me to transfer registration to that province.  BUT it was OK that I transfered to Leyte for one year and then transferred from Leyte to Biliran.  On the other hand, when I moved to Negros with the same vehicle I was permitted to directly change the registration.

So, as in all things Philippines, Your Mileage May Vary.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Barney
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I could name half a dozen guys who have done it just for fun . .  and back again.  But it isn't my idea of a good time either. 

To be honest I wouldn't mind if there was a mate on another bike to go with, but would be a bit boring alone.... apart from Manila, and I would have no idea where I was going through there!

Might be as well to sell it and buy something else down there by the sound of it instead of risking the aggro of not being able to register it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Barney said:

risking the aggro of not being able to register it.

It is likely you would be able to register a Manila motorcycle in Bohol.  But sometimes they throw obstacles at you that are aggravating.  There is some advantage to selling yours and buying new.  Then you have a local dealer who will service it for you.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1