Propane Use cost

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am looking to find other experiences of propane use for comparison.

6 months or so ago, I switched from the typical 2-burner gas ring, that most Philippine houses have, to a 3-burner (plus oven) Germania gas stove.

Our propane bottle used to last 6 months, on average, when using the gas ring.  Now it lasts a maximum of 2 and a half months on the Germania, and that is without using the oven.  When we use the oven the gas lasts a considerably shorter time, depending on how much baking is done.

How does that compare with others out there?  I am wondering if the dang gas stove is leaking (cannot smell any gas) or just using a lot more than the gas ring.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am looking to find other experiences of propane use for comparison.

6 months or so ago, I switched from the typical 2-burner gas ring, that most Philippine houses have, to a 3-burner (plus oven) Germania gas stove.

Our propane bottle used to last 6 months, on average, when using the gas ring.  Now it lasts a maximum of 2 and a half months on the Germania, and that is without using the oven.  When we use the oven the gas lasts a considerably shorter time, depending on how much baking is done.

How does that compare with others out there?  I am wondering if the dang gas stove is leaking (cannot smell any gas) or just using a lot more than the gas ring.

We have the typical 2 burner gas ring.  Now that there are 3 of us (haven't counted the baby) we only get 2 months.  Surprising how having a kid around uses so much more gas but seems to be the case for us. 

Edited by Eddie1
  • Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Dave, just curious on the make as when I Google, it brings back La GErmania, making me think it's a division of GE (?), or is it a German made product, etc.   Collecting info on appliances, etc for our move over as want to have a good kitchen both inside and out.  Thanks. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

is it a German made product, etc.

I do not know, because names in the Philippines are meaningless.  They will call it whatever will sell.  They will say it is made in Germany if even one small part came from a German individual.  What I do know is that LA GERMANIA is the name on the stove and it is popularly considered the best, moderately priced, stove in the Philippines.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I do not know, because names in the Philippines are meaningless.  They will call it whatever will sell.  They will say it is made in Germany if even one small part came from a German individual.  What I do know is that LA GERMANIA is the name on the stove and it is popularly considered the best, moderately priced, stove in the Philippines.

We had a LaGermania many years ago and it was a heap of junk. The oven did not have a thermostat and was unusable. Rusted out and we dumped it after 4-5 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

We have a LA GERMANIA 3 gas burner and one electric ring with a gas grill/oven with thermostat. Bought in 2015. Gas last about 3 months. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We had a LaGermania many years ago and it was a heap of junk.

So the approval rating is not 100%  :hystery:  What brand of stove, in that price range, did you replace it with and was it better?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We sent a 4 ring job unit from the UK, still working 10 years later.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We sent a 4 ring job unit from the UK, still working 10 years later.

So you agree then, that La Germania:

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

is popularly considered the best, moderately priced, stove in the Philippines.

Because if you want any better then it is not "in the Philippines" and you have to import it.