Propane Use cost

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My electric one coil burner seems to use no gas. :rolleyes:

My electric induction cook top has never needed a refill on gas and seems to have relatively low electricity consumption.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, Tommy T. said:

That's good, Virgin! I think that will give others a great baseline to compare their use.

Sorry if I was sounding a bit pedantic, but I was reading and everyone was talking how many burners or ovens or brands without really expressing exactly their cooking habits. As you have described, you know really well what your usage is so hopefully the others can compare their mileage to yours. Thanks for the information! 

I never cook with mine, wife does though. Only two of us, she cooks 6 nights and sometimes during the day. We have a 7kg bottle and last about three months.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

If you worried about leaks ,mix some water with washing up liquids put the mixture in a spray tyoe bottle and spray on to the various connections, if you have a leak it will form a bubble 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Has anyone ever thought of using a kelly kettle?

you use available fuel ,such as twiggs , it boils water very quickly and wirh the base attachment you can use it for a pan or a pot 

If you have acess to wood ,its free fuel 

Used one for ages on my bike camping trips

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Used one for ages on my bike camping trips

Matey along with those around the Billy Bong they know about survival than we will ever know

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

My electric one coil burner seems to use no gas. :rolleyes:

Well connect the bottle then duh.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well connect the bottle then duh.

Could cause someone to become a bright spark :smile:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Matey along with those around the Billy Bong they know about survival than we will ever know

My neighbours use a wood fire to boil and cook, I can tell when it's time for them to eat, smoke coming out of the dirty kitchen. I feel sorry for them but it's their way of life, very poor people.

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

My neighbours use a wood fire to boil and cook, I can tell when it's time for them to eat, smoke coming out of the dirty kitchen. I feel sorry for them but it's their way of life, very poor people.

On the plus side, if they are like some of my friends on Negros, the surrounds of their house has no brush, trash or weeds and a rather park like appearance because they have used it all as cooking fuel...even the plastic. The rice pot doesn't care.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

So, I wonder how much propane they use? - Bringing this back to topic...

• Hmm thinking 1