Propane Use cost

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

On the plus side, if they are like some of my friends on Negros, the surrounds of their house has no brush, trash or weeds and a rather park like appearance because they have used it all as cooking fuel...even the plastic. The rice pot doesn't care.

Okay... I use about one 10(?) kg bottle of gas in 3 months or more. I cook on two burners most days for maybe one hour tops cooking for two people. Then I use the oven for 2 hours average per week. Maybe that can give you more base?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I cook on two burners most days for maybe one hour tops cooking for two people. Then I use the oven for 2 hours average per week.

The saying Goes "Two can Live as cheaply as One" fair enough on the 3 month as a lot of us know BUT and there is always a but once you get a 3rd Person in the equation then I think, even you will find that  as the majority of us have said 2 to 2 &1/2 months will fall in line :wink: and as Eddie says, a baby can use more than one would expect :ohmy:

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

How much is a bottle of gas ? Over here in the uk i pay anything fron 20 to 25 quid for an 11 kilo bottle , for my RV i use a gaslow refillable system , i got to the petrol station and use their Lpg pump and fill up my bottles ,i can fill an 11kg bottle for about 10 quid

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

How much is a bottle of gas ? Over here in the uk i pay anything fron 20 to 25 quid for an 11 kilo bottle , for my RV i use a gaslow refillable system , i got to the petrol station and use their Lpg pump and fill up my bottles ,i can fill an 11kg bottle for about 10 quid

Aren't you paying on road tax doing it that way? Just curious.

Edit: I suppose I should have asked if there was on road tax,

Edited by robert k
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Aren't you paying on road tax doing it that way? Just curious.

Edit: I suppose I should have asked if there was on road tax,

we pay a set amount every year for road tax depending on your vehicles emissions , we get heavily taxed on fuel in the UK , at the moment gasoline is about $7.50 a gallon . Lpg was started at the fuel pumps to try and encourage drivers to use a different fuel , it has a reduced tax levie on it ,lpg is about $4.00 a gallon , if you but it from some places as fuel only it can drop to about $3.00 a gallon

Edited by bastonjock
  • Thanks 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

we pay a set amount every year for road tax depending on your vehicles emissions , we get heavily taxed on fuel in the UK , at the moment gasoline is about $7.50 a gallon . Lpg was started at the fuel pumps to try and encourage drivers to use a different fuel , it has a reduced tax levie on it ,lpg is about $4.00 a gallon , if you but it from some places as fuel only it can drop to about $3.00 a gallon

By the gallon???  I've only purchased it by the pound (LB) or kilo.  How much does a gallon of propane weigh?

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

By the gallon???  I've only purchased it by the pound (LB) or kilo.  How much does a gallon of propane weigh?

4.2 pounds.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

4.2 pounds.

Thanks! :wave:

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

An 11kg here is around P750, approx £11.

• Like 2