Dating sites that you pay to use

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not so much humor, but definitely trying to stir people up and get them thinking.  It was a bit strong, on my part, to say that certain foreigners "deserve" to be parted from their money.  I was thinking of the old phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted".  There is a part of me that wants to shake these guys who are sending money and say "Wake Up!  You cannot by a girl!  She does not need you to send her money!"  Of course that is still a bit strongly worded as there are some poor filipinas who see a "rich foreigner" as a saviour and it is normal that the foreigner will support his lady once there is an exclusive and real relationship.  But too many guys send money too fast and it just fuels this "business opportunity".

Dave, I agree here with your thoughts 110% - or more! Good that you try to wake up any foreigners who may visit this forum and read stories like this and your thoughts too! Back to one of my previous words - foreign men need to think with the head on their shoulders, not the little one down low!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Oh its more than that.  My neighbors make as much as I do from my foreign pensions.  I am not rich so I do not consider them rich, but compared to the average guy in the squatter's hut they are rich.

Totally agree!

TimL
Posted
Posted

Unless the girls have “paid chatter” on her profile, it’s basically yet another dating site scam. Except in this case, it’s a double whammy. The girls are being paid to carry on bs’ing with people that they have no intention of dating and the dating site retains paid members under the guise that all these chicks are somehow interested in them.

Having said that, I might sign my girl up. :hystery: Teasing....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, TimL said:

Unless the girls have “paid chatter” on her profile, it’s basically yet another dating site scam. Except in this case, it’s a double whammy. The girls are being paid to carry on bs’ing with people that they have no intention of dating and the dating site retains paid members under the guise that all these chicks are somehow interested in them.

How sad... another scam to swindle the dum foreigner ATMs out there...

• Sad 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

How sad... another scam to swindle the dum foreigner ATMs out there...

It is sad actually, I don’t condone people being ripped off in any fashion. I have been in convo’s with people that were too thick headed to see what everyone was telling them that was a blatantly obvious scam. In a few cases it was like okay man whatever, you deserve whatever comes your way. For me, it’s still sad to see people being taken advantage of no matter how dumb or naïve they are. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, TimL said:

it’s basically yet another dating site scam. Except in this case, it’s a double whammy. The girls are being paid to carry on bs’ing with people that they have no intention of dating and the dating site retains paid members

I have heard from many girls and guys that there are guys who go to the dating sites with no intention of ever coming here and just want someone to chat with and fantasize over.  They send money to appease their conscience and some of the guys ask for some "over the camera" happiness.  So if those guys are not scamming, then the girls are also not scamming.  Its just business.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

o if those guys are not scamming, then the girls are also not scamming.  Its just business.

You are right, Dave, I believe. However I guess it just seems like a bit of a sad way to live? But to each his or her own, right? I can't criticize anyone if that's what makes them happy... Just not for me...

TimL
Posted
Posted

I also agree Dave, dishonesty comes in all flavors. Not for me either Tommy. 

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I do not believe this is anything new, it has been going on for years. If the girl is truthful and says she needs the money for everyday living and the guy sends her money fair game. When they fake illness and death in the family and blatantly lie to get larger amounts off a worried trusting guy then that is not right. Of course any  man who would send large amounts without verification is fool soon parted of his money. Only my humble position. No i would not let my girl partake of this.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Of course any  man who would send large amounts without verification is fool soon parted of his money.

It is the same answer as mentioned how many times before? Caveat emptor... Buyer beware. Some women I met online told me about all kinds of strange creatures (I can't call them human) they encountered online... Guys who would send photos of themselves in an "excited state, " and even some who would pleasure themselves in online video. The women who told me about this were disgusted - there was no money exchange, just a thrill for the guys, apparently. The women signed off before "consummation" was achieved... 

• Like 1