36 month stay on a tourist visa. Must be a myth

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So from my understanding and what it says on the BI website I can stay for 36 months so in my case 36 months ends on September the 20th and here the but, Bi  wont give me 2 month extension and say I have to leave within a month.

According to them tourists should leave 2 months before the 36 month mark. So what's the point of saying 36 if its only 34 months :Mad:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not a myth.  I have stayed the full 36 months one time.  The only requirement for the final 2 month renewal was showing them an exit ticket that is valid before the 36 months is up.

But then, I'm not a myth.  I'm a mythter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

According to them tourists should leave 2 months before the 36 month mark. So what's the point of saying 36 if its only 34 months :Mad:

Don't forget to get your exit clearance. That may take up to a week to clear.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its not a myth.  I have stayed the full 36 months one time.  The only requirement for the final 2 month renewal was showing them an exit ticket that is valid before the 36 months is up.

But then, I'm not a myth.  I'm a mythter.

They will only give me one month

This is what it says on their own site

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Don't forget to get your exit clearance. That may take up to a week to clear.

You don't need a clearance when on a tourist visa. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mick said:

You don't need a clearance when on a tourist visa. 

Are you sure about that? Every time I departed the country I needed a police clearance - photo, fingerprints and clearance document - four times... There was even a stamp in my passport saying "Important. Secure emigration clearance certificate before leaving the country."

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

Mick
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Are you sure about that? Every time I departed the country I needed a police clearance - photo, fingerprints and clearance document - four times...

Yup, I'm on a tourist visa for over a year, and I'm flying around a lot, never done it, never been asked, as a tourist you can't get credit, so no clearance required, my experience anyway. 

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mick said:

Yup, I'm on a tourist visa for over a year, and I'm flying around a lot, never done it, never been asked, as a tourist you can't get credit, so no clearance required, my experience anyway. 

So maybe this is a Davao thing or am I missing something, besides my brain?:89:I was always on a tourist visa, or so I thought?

But JGF's issue is just with time permitted on his visa and total time allowed in the country - 36 months? So I will leave it at that...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes you do after 6 months

Thanks for the clarification... So do you have to leave one month before your 36 months or not? Have you figured it out?