36 month stay on a tourist visa. Must be a myth

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Man this IS confusing!  Can't wait to join the "circus" in 2020.

That is why I suggested you apply for the 13A or 13G while still in the USA.  I gave the embassy at San Francisco a call while I was still in Yakima.  Nice folks, very friendly and helpful.  Save you a little grief when you get here.  There will be plenty of "circus" without the immigration. :console:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That is why I suggested you apply for the 13A or 13G while still in the USA.  I gave the embassy at San Francisco a call while I was still in Yakima.  Nice folks, very friendly and helpful.  . :console:

Any need go in person, or all by mail?....Either way works; give us an excuse to see San Fran.  Also, any thought to use Consulate in Vancouver BC?....or is that even possible for US folks?  Thnx. Time to start the papers.   Dreaming of a Batangas vacation right now!

40C8119A-7F9A-428F-B4F1-C6B935D07F7C.jpeg

A287E4BC-F3D3-4998-A9BD-BF5F365E00C6.jpeg

4810506A-9DB1-44E8-BE45-1080908299F5.jpeg

C65500A5-D51F-4814-A195-661F59B26D2B.jpeg

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mick said:

You don't need a clearance when on a tourist visa. 

In short yes you do.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Any need go in person, or all by mail?....Either way works; give us an excuse to see San Fran.  Also, any thought to use Consulate in Vancouver BC?....or is that even possible for US folks?  Thnx. Time to start the papers.   Dreaming of a Batangas vacation right now!

Travel would be required as you need to do an interview.  I do not know if you could use the Vancouver BC embassy.  Here is a link with the requirements.  13A and 13G requirements start about half way down under "Immigrant Visa"  Great photos. :thumbsup:

http://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/Consular/SF/Visa2018A.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

This is one of the reason's I'm still considering the heavily discounted ex-military retirement visa (2kUSD vs 10K).  Haven't done all the sums yet or know anyone that's been through it so can't say it'll be any less complicated, at least at the initial application stage. but barring the spouse visa it does seem a little bit less "up in the air" than the tourist version.   Many pros and cons to consider. 

It's more fun in The Philippines?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Travel would be required as you need to do an interview.  I do not know if you could use the Vancouver BC embassy.  Here is a link with the requirements.  13A and 13G requirements start about half way down under "Immigrant Visa"  Great photos. :thumbsup:

http://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/Consular/SF/Visa2018A.pdf

I'd agree that applying for the 13A visa is best done outside of here - it's cheaper and easier and doesn't require a probationary period.  I did mine in Hong Kong and it was very easy.  Also, I didn't need to attend any interview - I handed in all the required documents and was told to come back in 4 weeks to pick up the Visa.  Within 7 days of arriving here I had to go to BI and begin ACR process.  I was impressed by how easy things were. 

• Like 4

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, BrettGC said:

This is one of the reason's I'm still considering the heavily discounted ex-military retirement visa (2kUSD vs 10K).  Haven't done all the sums yet or know anyone that's been through it so can't say it'll be any less complicated, at least at the initial application stage. but barring the spouse visa it does seem a little bit less "up in the air" than the tourist version.   Many pros and cons to consider. 

It's more fun in The Philippines?

Get some hard facts regarding this at the PRA.  At least 1 Aussie has stated he has not been able to get it as he said 1 of the requirements is a copy of your DD214, a US Military Discharge form.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Get some hard facts regarding this at the PRA.  At least 1 Aussie has stated he has not been able to get it as he said 1 of the requirements is a copy of your DD214, a US Military Discharge form.

It changed about 6 years ago and they extended it to all former members of the military of countries that have military agreements with The Philippines.  I misspoke, it's actually only $1500USD.  When I made my initial inquiries a few years back I satisfied all the requirements; this was through the old PI Consulate in Brisbane, before they closed it, and the PRA website backs this up.  

SRRV Expanded Courtesy Visa at the bottom of the linked page below.

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY

For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required.

The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

It doesn't list the application fee which was, at the time of my inquiries, also $1500, so 3K USD all up.... Pros and Cons...

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

application fee which was, at the time of my inquiries, also $1500

I just did the SRRV in May. I can confirm the $1,500 application fee. I can't say for the military version you are discussing, but the SRRV, itself was not really difficult, but there were just a number of hoops to jump through and - likely for anyone - a trip to Manila to the embassy for their blessing and also if you need the "Red Ribbon" authentication. Allow at least two days in Manila - expedited Red Ribbon processing costs a bit extra but seemed well worth it since I don't live there and stayed at a hotel. Expedited was 24 hours only.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I just did the SRRV in May. I can confirm the $1,500 application fee. I can't say for the military version you are discussing, but the SRRV, itself was not really difficult, but there were just a number of hoops to jump through and - likely for anyone - a trip to Manila to the embassy for their blessing and also if you need the "Red Ribbon" authentication. Allow at least two days in Manila - expedited Red Ribbon processing costs a bit extra but seemed well worth it since I don't live there and stayed at a hotel. Expedited was 24 hours only.

Tommy, it wasn't made clear to me at the time, but can you complete the application process whilst on a tourist visa in PI?  Each official I asked gave me a different answer.

Sorry for off-topic on your thread JGF.

• Like 1