Manila Government to Move to New Clark City?

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Just reported in Yahoo and local news:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1811787

Looking to move Manila Gov up north by 100KM to New Clark City. This is because of commute times, distances of over 20 km to other gov offices just takes too much time to travel. Manila has the highest density population than even India by 10000. The infrastructure is being put into place for widen highways, trains/buses terminals. Looks like reale estate in New Clark City and surrounding areas should climb fast!  Be interesting to see what may happen in Manila in the future!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Be interesting to see what may happen in Manila in the future!

Not a lot, maybe some traffic improvement, but not much. 

Unlike a lot of capitals, the Federal government of Manila is spread all over the city. The Senate and Department of Foreign affairs are near MOA, congress is way out in Quezon city, the presidential palace is near the airport, the military headquarters are scattered hither and yon, not sure where the supreme court is but along the Pasig river I think.

Like the USA, the financial and cultural center will still be Manila (new York) while the political center might be up in Angeles.  Living not far from the senate,,,,,,,,ill help with the move :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is not really new news. It's been in the planning for some time.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yeah, just waiting (20+ years now) for the marvellous new high speed rail link from Manila.   :popcorn:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

high speed rail

it will never happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the speed of the train will blow away the drying Palay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, roddavis said:

Just reported in Yahoo and local news:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1811787

Looking to move Manila Gov up north by 100KM to New Clark City. This is because of commute times, distances of over 20 km to other gov offices just takes too much time to travel. Manila has the highest density population than even India by 10000. The infrastructure is being put into place for widen highways, trains/buses terminals. Looks like reale estate in New Clark City and surrounding areas should climb fast!  Be interesting to see what may happen in Manila in the future!

If this happens, Manila will become something like a Detroit Mich. type of place. But much worse. I made a wrong turn once when I was going to Quiapo and ended up in Tondo. Holy crap! I was really taken aback. Glad I was in my Wrangler with heavily tinted windows at the time. I don't think the US Embassy will move though. The "Pearl of the orient" won't be so shiny!!:tongue:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Yeah, just waiting (20+ years now) for the marvellous new high speed rail link from Manila.   :popcorn:

Or the new airport at Sangley!!:huh:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is not really new news. It's been in the planning for some time.

So has the return of the Marcos billions. :goodluck_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Ranger Andy
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

So has the return of the Marcos billions. :goodluck_80_anim_gif:

The ‘Presidential Commission on Good Government’ (PCGG) has succeeded in retrieving $3.7 billion so far.  But it looks like Bongbong has been trying to stop the PCGG from continuing to do its work.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/07/10bn-dollar-question-marcos-millions-nick-davies

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well he would, wouldn't he. :Happy: