UK pension scare?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i am following a Brit Forum on FB just now where it seems 1 and only 1 at this time has had a letter from the DWP that his pension will be reduced from April 2020 by a certain amount, I now read of another but no source, I have not received any such letter and would ask has any other UK pensioner on the Forum had one?

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

To date, I have not received any such letter. Why would pensions be reduced? Doesn't the 'triple lock' still apply? As far as I am aware, as the the Philippines is one of the few countries that have an agreement with the UK, the UK state pension should continue to be paid in full.

Ken

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

i am following a Brit Forum on FB just now where it seems 1 and only 1 at this time has had a letter from the DWP that his pension will be reduced from April 2020 by a certain amount, I now read of another but no source, I have not received any such letter and would ask has any other UK pensioner on the Forum had one?

The only thing I can see Is that the retirement age will increase to age 66 from 2020, but that wouldn't affect those already in receipt

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Possibly something related to this ?

(Married couples with one of them still of working age...ie...age-gap couples, but  for those resident in the UK only, of course)

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/15/benefit-rule-changes-could-cost-pensioners-in-uk-thousands-a-year-pension-credit

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Apparently it is the Age Dependant Increase that is being removed which was a benefit on top of the State pension to help with someone that depended on the pensioner for assistance. so, the State pensions is not reduced just this Part for that particular person, I managed to get a copy of the letter and hope those that want to can Read;DWP Letter.jpg As you were Foks :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Seems that some Brits are enjoying a benefit that was meant for a dependent that is no longer getting the benefit so I guess they are removing it, Divorced maybe and living here on a benefit they are no longer entitled to

stevewool
Posted
Posted

They will catch up with you in the end, tax and death , plus any x wives :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

tax and death , plus any x wive

In Canada, there were guys I knew who had a couple of ex-wives and had to cut back working to make ends meet.  The more you make, in Canada, the more tax you pay and the more you must pay to your ex wives.  So you get your income low enough that the ex's take all of it and you live on the government low-income programs.  But you do have to physically reside there to get any of the government tit so that doesn't help anyone who is an expat in the Philippines.

• Like 1