Why are Filipinos such bad drivers?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Sure, maybe the guy slipped him some pesos to let it slide, but I know it at least got his attention and he lost whatever advantage he thought he had from cutting through traffic and cheating.

If you say so.  Probably cost him a few pesos he could easily afford and made him think that it was worth it for all the times he did not get caught.  But it made the cops a little richer and the rest of the traveling public a little happier so really a win win

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you say so.  Probably cost him a few pesos he could easily afford and made him think that it was worth it for all the times he did not get caught.  But it made the cops a little richer and the rest of the traveling public a little happier so really a win win

Good point I had not really considered!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

No, I don't really get joy from another's troubles, but it did feel good to see some enforcement - put me in a great mood all night! There is much more police and CTTMO presence now than even just six months ago...

I guess that now we're in the 'ber months they are starting to save up for the festivities - it's an expensive time of year!   

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... especially now that Christmas music is playing in the malls and decorations are already springing up in homes... I am already so tired of it all...left over from last year!

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... especially now that Christmas music is playing in the malls and decorations are already springing up in homes... I am already so tired of it all...left over from last year!

To be fair, here in Iloilo I haven't seen anything as yet but it won't be long I'm sure!  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, here in Iloilo I haven't seen anything as yet but it won't be long I'm sure!  

But what IS fair is that there has been increasing traffic law enforcement here compared to the past three years. L  tells me that it is on the local news that traffic laws will be enforced. I am happy to see it, flawed as it may be.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Tommy T. A Grinch? Who woulda thunk it?:28:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Tommy T. A Grinch? Who woulda thunk it?:28:

Me no Grinch... Bah...Humbug!!! Except....maybe I can get into the spirit with a Santa helper?:xmas_girl:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Replying to DaveHoundDriver's post a few pages back when he was opining about the importance of getting there first:

In Fencing (sword fighting) getting there first is referred to as "establishing your right of way." It's essential to winning.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yes it is way too early for us foreigners but it's like roosters and many other cultural differences here ....if you are going to avoid going nuts you have to grow to love these things or at least tolerate them. Part of the fun of living in the Philippines hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2