Taxis In Cebu City / Mactan

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimdones said:

Regarding the meter, just now in Manila I had a taxi driver refusing to turn on the meter from the airport to Cubao.

This is the issue if I'm correct.

No this topic has nothing to do with Manila true? So do not compare cities please. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In the almost 3 years I have lived here I dont think I have ever had an issue with a taxi and its meter. Long time ago different story and it might be different at the airport if they smell a newbie here for the first time.

I did.  8 months ago.  White taxi.  Domestic terminal.  Mactan airport.  Not a newbie.  This is Philippines.  Your mileage may vary.  Just wait a while.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I did.  8 months ago.  White taxi.  Domestic terminal.  Mactan airport.  Not a newbie.  This is Philippines.  Your mileage may vary.  Just wait a while.

hm lol

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Me also, White taxi, domestic terminal NAIA airport, I've been through NAIA about a dozen times and never had an issue but...

It was late at night and I don't normally forget to check that the meter is on but this time I was almost asleep and I didn't look just got in and gave the driver the address of the hotel and I didn't realize until we got to the hotel that the meter wasn't on.  The real cost would have been about 300, he wanted 2000.  After arguing with him for a while the hotel security guard came over, talked to him for a while and managed to get him down most of the way to the correct fare.  The driver didn't look happy but he took it.

• 5 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

What I will say is that 9:30 pm and later is a good time to get any normal, white taxi.  It is a meter taxi and should cost under 300 pesos to get you to Osmena Circle.  There is unlikely to be a long wait.  Maybe up to 10 minutes I would speculate,   When I say they are metered it does not mean the driver will "remember" to turn it on so before he gets out of the parking lot you should remind him. 

We did use the white taxi and it cost about p275 to Oswena Circle.  Had to put two small bags on our laps because the trunk was not big enough!

• Thanks 1