Gofundme

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I recently Joined and I actually don't recall joining this FB thing (Gofundme) and honestly, I am amazed at the sort of causes that are popping up. I know that there are many causes that deserve our Charity but some of the requests are so laughable. Anyone else get the impression it has Lost its way? :89:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes,  there are still people who expect the world should be perfect and everyone else should pay for that.  Amazing.  Some of the causes are well meant and others are posted out of desparation.  I expect the fad will die out as most of the ones I have seen are only contributed to by close friends and family members.  There are no/few rich people out there who are looking for a GoFundMe page to throw their money at.

It reminds me a little of the Filipinos who want to sell a bit of land or a house at a ridiculous price with the assumption there are rich people out there who enjoy giving money away.  This may be a rational delusion considering the way foreigners tip and give to beggars sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1