Dumaguete waste disgrace

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yesterday we were told that  Six Barangays are now under a "State of Emergency" Dumaguete Disgrace.jpg again the Problem is the same waste dump site that burned for nearly a Year creating a Large Health problem, That same dump site was supposed to be Closed But...................... The problem had now escalated and as every picture tells Story is it any wonder that although we have a fairly good rubbish Collection service in these Areas the problem does not stop there as we can see just what happens to the Waste from this Picture :Cadu-ay dump site.jpg Just been talking to the Refuse Truck Driver and he told me I have no orders not to take the days Load to the Site:89: I wonder what part of the "Statement/Words "State of Calamity" City Hall do not Understand  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):Many of us here on the Forum Live in those Areas :angry:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yesterday we were told that  Six Barangays are now under a "State of Emergency" Dumaguete Disgrace.jpg again the Problem is the same waste dump site that burned for nearly a Year creating a Large Health problem, That same dump site was supposed to be Closed But...................... The problem had now escalated and as every picture tells Story is it any wonder that although we have a fairly good rubbish Collection service in these Areas the problem does not stop there as we can see just what happens to the Waste from this Picture :Cadu-ay dump site.jpg Just been talking to the Refuse Truck Driver and he told me I have no orders not to take the days Load to the Site:89: I wonder what part of the "Statement/Words "State of Calamity" City Hall do not Understand  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):Many of us here on the Forum Live in those Areas :angry:

They can't just put it all in shipping containers and send it all to Canada to teach them a lesson??:laugh::punch_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

They can't just put it all in shipping containers and send it all to Canada to teach them a lesson??:laugh::punch_80_anim_gif:

Ooer fighting talk us that lol

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

On a more serious note , why dont we ban plastics all together ,starting with bottles , i clearly remember taking glass bottles back to the store and getting my deposit back 

I would have thought , but maybe tgey cannot , design a plastic that can be recycled , many materials such as leather  ,cloth , wood and paper can be recycled , cant they come up with a pastic composition that can be recycled?

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

i clearly remember taking glass bottles back to the store and getting my deposit back 

Ah But who pays a deposit on a supposedly Biodegradable Plastic Bottle, We live and Learn EH? 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

But who pays a deposit on a supposedly Biodegradable Plastic Bottle

Canada does.  And it is about 4 pesos per bottle in some places.  In Canada, "Beverage container deposits are based solely on the size of the container and not the material it is made from."

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

On a more serious note , why dont we ban plastics all together ,starting with bottles , i clearly remember taking glass bottles back to the store and getting my deposit back 

I would have thought , but maybe tgey cannot , design a plastic that can be recycled , many materials such as leather  ,cloth , wood and paper can be recycled , cant they come up with a pastic composition that can be recycled?

Plastic bottles can be recycled, the thing is plastic bottles are so cheap it saves almost nothing. Glass bottle recycling save some of the energy to re-melt them and coloring for brown bottles but after the labor to sort them it's iffy if money is saved. Washing and sterilizing is probably more effective with glass. I have some shirts I like that the fabric is 50% recycled from plastic bottles.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Canada does.  And it is about 4 pesos per bottle in some places.  In Canada, "Beverage container deposits are based solely on the size of the container and not the material it is made from."

Germany does as well.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Germany does as well.

As does the USA.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Some but not all states in Australia have deposit schemes in place for plastic beverage containers and as well as aluminium ones.

Either 5 cents or 10 cents which is about 2 or 4 peso depending upon the state.

• Like 1