Dumaguete waste disgrace

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, bastonjock said:

On a more serious note , why dont we ban plastics all together ,starting with bottles , i clearly remember taking glass bottles back to the store and getting my deposit back 

I would have thought , but maybe tgey cannot , design a plastic that can be recycled , many materials such as leather  ,cloth , wood and paper can be recycled , cant they come up with a pastic composition that can be recycled?

One of my things to do during summer vacation from school as a young kid was to walk around town looking for discarded glass bottles to turn in for cold hard cash. :biggrin: We weren't rich!

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

One of my things to do during summer vacation from school as a young kid was to walk around town looking for discarded glass bottles to turn in for cold hard cash. :biggrin: We weren't rich!

I wonder if todays kids would do the same ? Milk bottles were left at door steps and exchanged for full bottles ,, soda bottles were pay dirt , we woukd rumage through garbage looking for empty soda bottles , i remember that coke bottles paid more than the orher soda bottles 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

I wonder if todays kids would do the same ? Milk bottles were left at door steps and exchanged for full bottles ,, soda bottles were pay dirt , we woukd rumage through garbage looking for empty soda bottles , i remember that coke bottles paid more than the orher soda bottles 

:whistling: For those that Remember Some here & him Are Brits Bj really means "POP" bottles :wink: Pulling you leg here baston Old mate :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I remember one day when I was collecting soda bottles I hit pay dirt. Found a discarded car battery that I took to the junk dealer. Can't remember how much I got for it but it made my week!:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We use to go and collect rags and scrap iron and then wheel it to the rag and bone man for hard cash , a few bob use to make you feel rich in those days, what am I thinking a few bob in my wallet these days would make me feel rich .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: For those that Remember Some here & him Are Brits Bj really means "POP" bottles :wink: Pulling you leg here baston Old mate :smile:

Kinda funny but when I visit my brother in Minn. He also calls them pop bottles.:89:

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

We use to go and collect rags and scrap iron and then wheel it to the rag and bone man for hard cash , a few bob use to make you feel rich in those days, what am I thinking a few bob in my wallet these days would make me feel rich .

Bob?:6:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe Steve will answer that as His answer will be a funnier version of what I would have Said :smile:

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

1 Shilling there were 20 to a pound.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe Steve will answer that as His answer will be a funnier version of what I would have Said :smile:

I will try Jack but I am sure you could do better.

In the good old days of Pounds shillings and pence , you could buy plenty as a kid for a half a penny and if 12 pennies that would be a Bob or a shilling , I think I still have a shinny sixpence somewhere still and a dirty Thrupenny bit, and if you had a pocket full of pennies you did walk funny, all that weight you was carrying .

• Haha 2