Fence built by neighbours on your land.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looking to give an ex a starting point for seeking legal redress. 

Her family own land on Boracay that is titled.  The previous owner is suddenly becoming a pain.  They've already had it legally proved that my ex's family legally own it and the previous owner was in court at the time. 

Fast forward 6 months and yesterday the previous owners erected a fence inside their land on all sides just leaving a small exit route.  

I've advised them to see the Barangay first to resolve it. 

What's the next option if this fails? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Her family own land on Boracay that is titled. 

Legally Titled Land is an ongoing issue on Boracay, I suggest registrar of deeds be talked to The Barangay I am sure, will send you there

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Legally Titled Land is an ongoing issue on Boracay, I suggest registrar of deeds be talked to The Barangay I am sure, will send you there

They've already been through the legal side and it was confirmed to belong to my ex's family.  The previous owners from over 15yrs ago just never listened. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Take the fence down and let the Guy take action which according to you he can't possibly win, Possession being 9/10ths of the Law but we know where we are :whatever:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Shoot first and wear bulletproof clothings?  These things always tend to escalate and many times the court decision is not the end of it.  Bigger companies with this problem hire security guards to patrol the property and make sure no one enters and/or erects any structures on their land.  Easier to prevent it than to fight it once its done.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Be brave take the fence down with out damaging it if possible, the longer you leave it standing on your land the harder it can get legally ! If you ignore the fence the neighbour can claim that as its been allowed to stay then you must have agreed to it ! Thats the philippines way !

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I agree with expatuk2014. Silence becomes consent after a relatively short period of time. I would dismantle the fence as soon as possible, all of it.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

For you?

STAY OUT OF IT!!! :stop_80_anim_gif:

Don't worry I won't be on the scene.  Just don't want them wasting what little money they have when maybe a member on here can quote a Republican act, Presidential decree etc that is the fastest route to go down. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

quote a Republican act, Presidential decree etc that is the fastest route to go down. 

Lets be honest, none of the above will stop two guys with a 9mm wearing helmets on a motorcycle with out license plates getting paid 5000 pesos taking care of business...…………..we see it in the paper every week. Not being a negative Nellie, just a realist. 

• Like 4