Fence built by neighbours on your land.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Lets be honest, none of the above will stop two guys with a 9mm wearing helmets on a motorcycle with out license plates getting paid 5000 pesos taking care of business...…………..we see it in the paper every week. Not being a negative Nellie, just a realist. 

Not much chance of that on Boracay plus they'd need to shoot about ten people who live on the land and to track down the owner who lives in Manila. 

I think the old tandem shooting is a bit over blown here.  Considering the hundreds of thousands of business transactions and legal disputes here it's extremely rare. Probably more people involved in these disputes die in road traffic accidents or from health problems before the cases get to court. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the old tandem shooting is a bit over blown here. 

EDIT:  Never mind.  You won't believe until it hits close to home.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Not much chance of that on Boracay plus they'd need to shoot about ten people who live on the land and to track down the owner who lives in Manila. 

I think the old tandem shooting is a bit over blown here.  Considering the hundreds of thousands of business transactions and legal disputes here it's extremely rare. Probably more people involved in these disputes die in road traffic accidents or from health problems before the cases get to court. 

If the captain can't sort it out file a case against them, or knock the fence down and let them file a case. If it's legally hers then nothing to worry about. Make sure you don't get involved.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

before the cases get to court. 

Now that is it I think, OK, Go to City Hall and ask to see the fencing Permit, There won't be one will there? because to get that he will need proof of  Land Ownership and he don't own it any more, so Not only has he Trespassed your Land he has now erected an illegal fence. :whatever: Snowy, there is more than one way of skinning a cat mate. Make the Law work for you at little Cost.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now that is it I think, OK, Go to City Hall and ask to see the fencing Permit, There won't be one will there? because to get that he will need proof of  Land Ownership and he don't own it any more, so Not only has he Trespassed your Land he has now erected an illegal fence. :whatever: Snowy, there is more than one way of skinning a cat mate. Make the Law work for you at little Cost.

That's the sort of advice I was after.  A legal way without too much confrontation and I won't be anywhere near it. 

Is a fencing permit actually a requirement? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Is a fencing permit actually a requirement? 

Oh Yes and here it is for you;

What are the Requirements:

Barangay Construction Clearance.

Zoning Certification.

Land Title (Photocopy)

Affidavit of Consent (if client is not the lot owner)

For Fencing Permit: Barangay Resolution.

Full text;

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fencing+permit+requirements+Philippines&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjD5ZLD-djjAhXXad4KHdeVBtsQ3rMBKAJ6BAgMEAc&biw=1360&bih=625

You will note that page is very expandable for your purpose 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3
  • Love it 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A Little Reading for you  @Snowy79 Good luck mate :thumbsup:

(a) "Fencing" is the act of any person who, with intent to gain for himself or for another, shall buy, receive, possess, keep, acquire, conceal, sell or dispose of, or shall buy and sell, or in any other manner deal in any article, item, object or anything of value which he knows, or should be known to him, to have ...

Full text 

https://www.google.com/search?q=illegal+fencing+in+the+philippines&oq=ill&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.3087j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

a) "Fencing" is the act of any person who, with intent to gain for himself or for another, shall buy, receive, possess, keep, acquire, conceal, sell or dispose of, or shall buy and sell, or in any other manner deal in any article, item, object or anything of value which he knows, or should be known to him, to have

That sure sounds like a different kind of fencing to me.  A pawn shop who buys stolen goods and resells them is called a fence.  The kind of fencing you describe sounds like that.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That sure sounds like a different kind of fencing to me.  A pawn shop who buys stolen goods and resells them is called a fence.  The kind of fencing you describe sounds like that.

I Guess I deserved a Gotcha.png for that but it's Ok it all got sorted from the Link:wink:

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Drug killings #1, Land killings #2.