Air Juan rip off

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Air Juan provides sea plane flights and helicopter trips.

Back in March I booked 6 flights with Air Juan from Puerto Galera to Manila at a cost of 30k peso.  Two weeks before the flights they cancelled all of them and until now I'm still awaiting a refund.  I've been on the usual social media sites and have discovered that there's plenty in the same position as me. 

I've exchanged multiple emails and keep getting lame excuses so have been advised to take an ESTFA case against them.  Basically they took money by deception.  Promised a service that they knew they can't provide. 

They are now working from Cebu so anyone booking flights with them be very careful.

Please do me a favour and spread this companies reputation so no others suffer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Please do me a favour and spread this companies reputation so no others suffer. 

Snowy, I am sure we all feel for you but be careful with this as we all know that the Cyber issue is growing :wink:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Snowy, I am sure we all feel for you but be careful with this as we all know that the Cyber issue is growing :wink:

There reputation is already in pieces in the Oriental Mindoro side.  The two main Facebook sites with over 60k members has updates on the company regularly.  

Just wondering as they fly out of Cebu now whether any others have suffered at the hands of them. 

The pisser for me is the flights were on behalf of me and my friends from Scotland. Once they were cancelled the guys agreed to give the money to a Mangyan charity here that I've worked with.  Some of these kids only eat every other day and have no footwear.  That money could be a life saver for some of the Mangyan kids.  They are so undernourished that their growth is stunted. A 12yr old was smaller than my partners 8yr old. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

@Snowy79 here again there is a way that will help you out on Juan Air. The DTI are there to help;

Please email us at the E-Commerce Office (ECO) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) at eco@dti.gov.ph. Consumer complaints may be reported to the DTICall Center at (02) 751-3330 or to the DTI Regional or Provincial Office nearest you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TimL
Posted
Posted

Did you happen to pay via credit card? If so, you can dispute the charge with your bank. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, TimL said:

Did you happen to pay via credit card? If so, you can dispute the charge with your bank. 

Debit card only. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

Debit card only. 

They can still reverse a sale on a debit card if the goods are not provided :smile:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

They can still reverse a sale on a debit card if the goods are not provided :smile:

I'm dealing with my bank also.  I just want an example made of them as so far they've made the lives harder for the Mangyan kids plus ripped off about ten guys I know of. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm dealing with my bank also.  I just want an example made of them as so far they've made the lives harder for the Mangyan kids plus ripped off about ten guys I know of. 

@Snowy79 For your information mate all is NOT lost ;

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/how-dispute-debit-card-transaction-purchase-1282.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I just want an example made of them as so far they've made the lives harder for the Mangyan kids plus ripped off about ten guys I know of. 

Then the DTI is the way to go or The Presidents Hotline for corruption, that number I do not know :wink:

• Like 1