Air Juan rip off

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Excellent.  That's what makes this forum so great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Presidents Hotline for corruption, that number I do not know

8888 or just 888 not sure but try both until you get through and I have heard that they kick ass.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Air Juan provides sea plane flights and helicopter trips.

Back in March I booked 6 flights with Air Juan from Puerto Galera to Manila at a cost of 30k peso.  Two weeks before the flights they cancelled all of them and until now I'm still awaiting a refund.  I've been on the usual social media sites and have discovered that there's plenty in the same position as me. 

I've exchanged multiple emails and keep getting lame excuses so have been advised to take an ESTFA case against them.  Basically they took money by deception.  Promised a service that they knew they can't provide. 

They are now working from Cebu so anyone booking flights with them be very careful.

Please do me a favour and spread this companies reputation so no others suffer. 

If you, as a foreigner want to spend the time, money, and frustration with the legal system here bringing a case against a company for 30k, then I wish you luck. I know you must be frustrated with the way things work here but you need to bite the bullet when you are outnumbered. If I had to bet on who would win between your case and a snail..well make it 50 snails one at a time! you will lose. Just eat the 30k and mark it up to a bad experience.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

If you, as a foreigner want to spend the time, money, and frustration with the legal system here bringing a case against a company for 30k, then I wish you luck. I know you must be frustrated with the way things work here but you need to bite the bullet when you are outnumbered. If I had to bet on who would win between your case and a snail..well make it 50 snails one at a time! you will lose. Just eat the 30k and mark it up to a bad experience.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

I've got the cost already.  It's 3k to get an attorney to proceed with an ESTAFA case. He adds the cost to the refund plus interest.  I've already spoke to an attorney.  It must be something like the small claims court.  

I just have to produce my receipt of payment plus emails.  They basically offered a service which they knew they couldn't provide as they'd already stopped flying that route. 

It's a cut and dried case. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It must be something like the small claims court.  

Yes but it has to go to the Barangay First for the Certificate to proceed, You can't go to Prosecution without it, Bin there done that :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

It's a cut and dried case. 

:Count_Sheep:  You're dreaming.  They did not rip you off because they don't like you, (nor the many others you suggest are in the same predicament).  They would only do it because their money is running out.  You cannot get money from a company that is fast going broke.  You can only warn the rest of their would-be passengers not to patronize them.  That will make them go broke quicker and make the likelihood of a settlement miniscule.  So any victory the lawyer gets would be Pyrrhic and you would end up paying his legal fees.

But if it makes you feel better then go for it.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

:Count_Sheep:  You're dreaming.  They did not rip you off because they don't like you, (nor the many others you suggest are in the same predicament).  They would only do it because their money is running out.  You cannot get money from a company that is fast going broke.  You can only warn the rest of their would-be passengers not to patronize them.  That will make them go broke quicker and make the likelihood of a settlement miniscule.  So any victory the lawyer gets would be Pyrrhic and you would end up paying his legal fees.

But if it makes you feel better then go for it.

They're expanding their fleet and opening new routes.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I opted to put a complaint in with the Civil Aeronautics Board who have their own attorney.

The attorney wrote to Air Juan and has given them 5 days to reply in relation to my letter of complaint. 

DX-2500N_20190801_143355.pdf

• Like 1