Pay pal website hacked

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

So if it wasn't the paypal website how could you make the payment.

It was the pay pal website ,the link at the bottom.had been hacked, the transfer even comes up on my bank account as pay pal

These peopke had a sophisticated scam going  i dont know how many got hit but he was still on the pay pal web site 5 days after i did the transfer

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you were not on a real paypal site as I am sure there is no live chat. Did you check the URL of the site? before giving info for your account? 

The url had the green pay pal padlock then it had the https addresd of the uk pay pal 

It came up with my details of recent transactions  ,i have logged in several times using different computers and the same website comes up

Gary D
Posted
Posted

So does that transaction show on your PayPal account. If it does can you not claim non delivery of the item.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

So does that transaction show on your PayPal account. If it does can you not claim non delivery of the item.

This happened to me once , and I did claim , it was nothing like the amount that’s been mentioned here, it took a week or so, but with all the  corespondents from me to them and so on, I managed to get all the cash back. 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gary D said:

unfortunately it does not

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sympathies to you.  Any of us can get ripped by a good scammer.  It is hindsight now, but 3 seconds of Google search taught me that:

Can I live chat with PayPal?

Contacting PayPal

While PayPal does not offer live chat, they do have a phone number. ... The best phone number for PayPal is their 888-221-1161 customer service phone number, and you can get the details and use our free call-back service by finding the link for it above and clicking it.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, robert k said:

I cut ties with paypal several years ago. Heard nothing but bad things about them since. Both senders and receivers.

I saw an episode of Judge Judy once concerning PayPal. The buyer paid for a cell phone that was advertised for I don't remember how much money. The seller sent the buyer a picture of the phone that was advertised claiming they got what they paid for.:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

unfortunately it does not

I cant figure out what happened here. The process of removing your money does not show on paypal but does in your bank statement as paypal so why does it not show on your paypal account.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I cant figure out what happened here. The process of removing your money does not show on paypal but does in your bank statement as paypal so why does it not show on your paypal account.

Yes I'm feeling a bit dumb here also. Your bank details are linked to your paypal account so that you don't have to enter you detail but for the one time when you open the account. So how did you make the payment, re-entereing your details, I hope not.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The scammer somehow managed to open a bank account with pay pal on thr title  ,he had hacked the front end of the pay pal.website ,so when i enquired to check if the account was a genuine pay pal account i wastold yes ,the guy has a presence on the web site for at leasr 12 days ,so its anyones guess as to how many people he scammed