Back from first trip to the Philippines , now what?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmm I disagree with you a little here, HK. I think what Robert wrote is mostly just common sense spelled out by the numbers. Yeah, if you read it all at once it could sound intimidating, but it would be similar if I gave you a run down on how to live and work in Chicago or LA? I think we are all helping give USA enough good suggestions that, if he follows through on his plan, he can hit the ground running and be prepared.

I understand your point Tom, and Robert's as well, but I spent 10 years in Hong Kong, one of the safest places you could find (note I used past tense based on recent events there!)  but I could still come up with a lengthy list of dangers/risks based on anecdotes from friends etc.  I really think you need to weigh up both the existence of risks/dangers and the likelihood of them actually happening to you.  I guess a good straw poll would be to see what posters have personally experienced such issues rather than just knowing of someone who has.

I guess I just don't think the place is as dangerous as some but I totally get that depends on individual lifestyle, location and a myriad of variables. 

Regardless, it's good that the OP has had his eyes opened as to what could happen here if he's not cautious.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Common sense is not to common.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess I just don't think the place is as dangerous as some but I totally get that depends on individual lifestyle, location and a myriad of variables. 

Regardless, it's good that the OP has had his eyes opened as to what could happen here if he's not cautious.  

I think we all contributed to educating USA. It's up to him and how he uses that.

And where is it safe any more? Your last eight words are what we have all learned ourselves.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I think we all contributed to educating USA....

I gave up trying to do that years ago Tom, you're all a lost cause! :2245_safe: