EDSA free of buses

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My take on this is that they are moving all the bus depots out of Pasay and other places to somewhere out of Manila, sounds like a good idea, especially to the people who thought this up, what could go wrong, seeing where it is coming from.

A couple of days ago I had to leave Pasay to travel to Cubao to catch the bus to the province, 3 hours it took to get there and only just made it.

So I am curious as to what measures this politician who thought this up would have in terms of education, maybe a degree in town planning, maybe a professor in terms of transport, or some experience in some other large city how to move masses of people.

Judging by the way this is going to happen, maybe just maybe no education or experience whatsoever.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Judging by the way this is going to happen

News flash :hystery: There was a TRO issued yesterday to stop the bus ban,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1 step forward 14 steps back lol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, scott h said:

News flash :hystery: There was a TRO issued yesterday to stop the bus ban,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1 step forward 14 steps back lol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Gridlock in the courts, just like on the roads. :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

The only way I could see anything happening was a very big bus terminal on the outskirts of Manila, with smaller buses feeding out to the terminal.

or

Building the same very big bus terminal with an underground subway feeding the travellers out to the bus terminal.

or

A fleet of military transport helicopters taking the passengers out to the very big bus terminal.

Oh well, you can forget about those suggestions, the Jeepney operators win again, with longer Jeepneys towing  a trailer with all the luggage, chooks, furniture and everything else that can fit, even mattresses to sleep on for the trip.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

More idiocy.

Screw the 1,000s of 'peasants'  efficiently using the buses, so that the influential rich have  more space for their single-occupant gas-guzzling  city 4wds. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, scott h said:

Scott, is there seriously a TRO issued? I am watching the progress seriously on this as it affects us big time with us doing frequent trips on the bus to Pasay, and have a trip scheduled for tomorrow.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

is there seriously a TRO issued?

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/08/04/1940334/ltfrb-appeal-tro-edsa-bus-ban

this mornings Star.

'); doc.close(); })();

Although it will abide by the order, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) said it would ask a Quezon City court to reconsider its decision suspending the implementation of the provincial bus ban on EDSA.
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/08/04/1940334/ltfrb-appeal-tro-edsa-bus-ban#26gvUuFtAr02fudv.99

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, graham59 said:

Screw the 1,000s of 'peasants'  efficiently using the buses,

Efficiency is one thing, I am just tired of driving along a 5 lane main road and all the passenger cars have to squeeze into the two left lanes while all the provincial busses stop to load and unload at the "terminals" lolol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Efficiency is one thing, I am just tired of driving along a 5 lane main road and all the passenger cars have to squeeze into the two left lanes while all the provincial busses stop to load and unload at the "terminals" lolol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Try catching the bus then... and 'mingling' with us peasants.  :tongue:

So relaxing too. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, graham59 said:

and 'mingling' with us peasants.

Naw……….I enjoy being upper, upper, UPPER middle class to much:nudie: