Chocolate Cookies with Salted Caramel Chips

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Tommy, I have yet to see those cookies.  Did you send them to the wrong address???:89:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Tommy, I have yet to see those cookies.  Did you send them to the wrong address???:89:

What...you didn't get them yet? I was sure I sent them to MikeJ, Philippines... There must be something haywire with the postal system here? (can you imagine...):hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

What...you didn't get them yet? I was sure I sent them to MikeJ, Philippines... There must be something haywire with the postal system here? (can you imagine...):hystery:

Probably some other MIkeJ getting fat on my cookies. :boohoo:

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Probably some other MIkeJ getting fat on my cookies. :boohoo:

Here you go, Mike.... I sent them again!:hystery:

Cookies!.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Old55

I followed the recipe exactly, including the sugar type and they turned out okay. My oven sucks, however - I have to set it at least 25C higher than indicated to make it hot enough - I don't yet have a thermometer to confirm so am just guessing...

@Mike J Just baked these yesterday, Mike. These are for you!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Chocolate chip with salted caramel pieces.

Cookies.jpg

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yesterday I bought some molasses. My next cookie adventure will be to try to make molasses cookies like my Mom used to bake for me - always my childhood favourite. I don't have her recipe but I am sure there will be a good one online - one can always hope, right?

• 8 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know this is a repeat, but these are so good and always requested by L and her daughter.

This is my version of ECCC - Enhanced Chocolate Chip Cookies.

20200513_134435_resized.jpg

All set up and ready to go.

20200513_141050_resized.jpg

Dough with chocolate chips staged with caramel pieces standing by.

20200513_142505_resized.jpg

Note the rigid "social distancing" I tried to do. I could not find small enough nor suitable masks, so decided to follow the USA president's example and exercise social distancing but not wear masks...Not 2 meters apart but, hey...what do you expect for a small oven?

20200513_145523_resized.jpg

I'm afraid my feeble attempt at social distancing was a dismal failure.:SugarwareZ-034:

20200513_150314_resized.jpg

So now I am nervous and waiting anxiously for the knock on the door to find I may be under arrest, or maybe in my car if I risk taking any outdoors to munch on?

Ah!!! But I just got an idea... we will destroy the evidence through ingestion! Problem solved!:thumbsup:

(And next time buying shorts, they will need to be at least one size larger than last time.:unsure:)

If anyone is interested, PM me and I will share the recipe...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

This is my version of ECCC - Enhanced Chocolate Chip Cookies.

First time in weeks that my local supermarket had any flour. They had small amount of corn starch but today all purpose.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

First time in weeks that my local supermarket had any flour. They had small amount of corn starch but today all purpose.

Not sure if you noticed in the ingredients photo? I found unbleached white flour (my preference) a few weeks ago in both Gaisano grocery and even at SM. But it is always hit and miss - sometimes they have that flour and/or yeast and sometimes not - like so many rather specialty items.

Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, Tommy T. said:

@Old55

I followed the recipe exactly, including the sugar type and they turned out okay. My oven sucks, however - I have to set it at least 25C higher than indicated to make it hot enough - I don't yet have a thermometer to confirm so am just guessing...

@Mike J Just baked these yesterday, Mike. These are for you!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Chocolate chip with salted caramel pieces.

Cookies.jpg

Your cookies looks great Tommy :thumbsup:, I plan to do some baking myself whenever we get there :89: but for my part it will mostly be bread I guess.

I am curious to what kind of oven you chosed for your new house?

Edited by Viking
spelling hahaha
  • Thanks 1