Heeb

Bringing Electronics

Oh well, I'll just stick a spare pair of socks and underwear in my pockets then. 

Will there be a quick pass-through for those of us not armed to the teeth, I wonder (planted bullets aside) ?   :whatever:

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Will there be a quick pass-through for those of us not armed to the teeth, I wonder (planted bullets aside) ?   :whatever:

Make sure your underwear and socks are clean! Otherwise you might be busted for importing germs and disease?:89:

Sortof half funny, Graham...:huh:

• Haha 2

I have always entered through Davao and only had to open a case once. I believe the customs person, a woman, thought it would be a good laugh to get me to tear off all the wrap around plastic on my case that I had payed for at Heathrow. In this instance I was bringing through a DJ mixer and had to explain it was for personal use as a hobby.

In Thailand once my flight was late arriving and had to run to immigration to get to my connecting flight. The officer there, a woman, demanded my boarding card from my flight from the uk, which of course I had left on the plane. Fortunately I had retained my e ticket of said flight. Never been asked for a boarding card before or since on entering a country, anywhere in the world.

It appears there is a gender pattern emerging so I would suggest heading for a counter with a male operative :smile:

• Like 2

I take phone pics of ALL of my flight-related docs,  (as well as retaining the emailed PDFs, etc)

....'just in case'. .

• Like 3