Sending Money Out of PI

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have experience sending money electronically (i.e. Western Union, Moneygram) FROM the PI TO the USA?

A friend of ours (in the USA) asked if we would mind bringing back $3,000 with us to the USA from the PI when we return later this year. My response was, why not have the person who owes you the money send it back to you via Moneygram?  

Good friend... but our response was "nope, not running around with your money in cash" when it's possible to transfer it electronically easier and safer without us.

Nothing nefarious on the origin of the money... they (living in the USA) sold their home in the PI to their sister (living in the PI). And yeah, the fact they get anything back is pretty amazing in my view.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Does anyone have experience sending money electronically (i.e. Western Union, Moneygram) FROM the PI TO the USA?

I wired money from my bank in P. I. to USA. But I have an account at that bank and that might be required. It might be easier to use one of the services you mention, but I have no experience with that.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Does anyone have experience sending money electronically

we sent 100k to san diego California last month via Western union, fee was 7k if memory serves.

I got the feeling but kould not swear to it the fee might depend where it is being sent 

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

thanks... sounds possible and confirms my belief there is no good reason for me to get involved... Thanks for feedback!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

we sent 100k to san diego California last month via Western union, fee was 7k if memory serves.

I got the feeling but kould not swear to it the fee might depend where it is being sent 

Yikes!  7% fee!!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yikes!  7% fee!!

Question mark.jpg:whistling:  Too Much Methinks 

Edited by Jack Peterson

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Joey G said:

A friend of ours (in the USA) asked if we would mind bringing back $3,000 with us to the USA from the PI when we return later this year. My response was, why not have the person who owes you the money send it back to you via Moneygram?  

Good friend... but our response was "nope, not running around with your money in cash" when it's possible to transfer it electronically easier and safer without us.

Nothing nefarious on the origin of the money... they (living in the USA) sold their home in the PI to their sister (living in the PI). And yeah, the fact they get anything back is pretty amazing in my view.

I think that you can bring $10,000 US with you with no problem if you declare it. No reporting to the IRS or anything. You could send it to him once you were in the US. You said it was a good friend so something to consider?:89:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Too Much Methinks 

When your withdrawing your relatives money and sending it to them,,,,,as us yanks say, "no skin off my nose" lololol

• Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

When your withdrawing your relatives money and sending it to them,,,,,as us yanks say, "no skin off my nose" lololol

Agreed, or "Sounds like a personal problem".

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I think that you can bring $10,000 US with you with no problem if you declare it. No reporting to the IRS or anything. You could send it to him once you were in the US. You said it was a good friend so something to consider?:89:

Looks like you did not read what the OP was asking :89:

• Like 1