The great outdoors

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Are there any retailers that just sell things for the great outdoors like walking boots and clothing , camping equipment and so on . Thank you 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Are there any retailers that just sell things for the great outdoors like walking boots and clothing , camping equipment and so on . Thank you 

https://en.yelp.com.ph/search?cflt=outdoorgear&find_loc=Manila%2C+Metro+Manila

I guess it is manila you are looking at Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I would say you can get what you want online Steve. The thing is, boots might be a little hot. I would suggest some sturdy canvas sneakers or some rugged hiking sandals. Sandals are a little more forgiving as to size but I would buy shoes, or boots, if you really want them before coming or at the outfitters.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Jack, here in England I can buy most good quality items at a great price but it’s getting them over there plus will I ever use them , so it’s like anything it’s good to look at things and try before you buy .

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, robert k said:

I would say you can get what you want online Steve. The thing is, boots might be a little hot. I would suggest some sturdy canvas sneakers or some rugged hiking sandals. Sandals are a little more forgiving as to size but I would buy shoes, or boots, if you really want them before coming or at the outfitters.

Good luck finding size 12. A rarity here.:ohmy:

• Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, stevewool said:

plus will I ever use them ,

Steve my own experience, I purchased a good quality walking sandals, in  leather.

When we left to return to UK, thinking well there are things I won't use back home, leave them here for next trip.

They were stored in a case along with clothes, next trip I was shocked that they had dried out and almost fell apart when I put them on!

Moral being use them or lose them! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Harbor Point mall here in Subic has a Columbia store and a Northface store.  I'm sure they will take your money.  A lot of it.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Good luck finding size 12. A rarity here.:ohmy:

Yes I know that , I usually keep the box and throw the shoes away in that case.

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Harbor Point mall here in Subic has a Columbia store and a Northface store.  I'm sure they will take your money.  A lot of it.

We have a store named ‘ Go Outdoors’, and they sell there own brand plus others too, and there prices are very good plus being a member I get discount , So is it a case of buying here or there and now all I want to do is by cloths that will wash and dry very quickly and are breathable material too. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

From what I have seen here in the P.I. so far... I suggest you buy whatever you might want in England or wherever you are from. Selection and quality and prices here are respectively low, lower and higher here... At least that is my observation so far. Filipinos do not seem to be much into hiking or camping - not like in USA or other "western" countries... That is just my opinion...

I am accustomed to shopping at REI and North Face USA and other American brands. That doesn't mean they are the only or best suppliers, just the ones I have found to usually have high quality (never cheap) goods for hiking and camping. Remember that if you buy crappy gear, you may have a crappy experience... 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1