Exterminator Cebu Area

Connman
Posted
Posted

Is there a company or service that will spray for Cockroaches in Cebu City. My girlfriend is being overcame with them as she lives close to a canal which is being full of water from all the rains. Thank you for your help! I still live in the states and here there is "Will Kill" or the Orkin man...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Connman said:

My girlfriend is being overcame with them as she lives close to a canal which is being full of water from all the rains.

I do not recall any cockroach control companies, but then neither do I recall any filipinas who are bothered by cockroaches.  No me, I can't stand the little feckers so I spray them with Baygon at 359 pesos a can.

Perhaps it isn't that filipinas are not bothered by them but how would you get rid of them near that canal?  You could spray the whole house and new ones would be in there before the fumes are gone.

Perhaps moving is a better option?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Buy a can of Baygon insect killer.  The one with the orange scent is the least objectionable.  Spray inside each cabinets, cupboard, etc.  Pay special attention to kitchen and bath.  Spray behind any cabinets, under beds, dresser, etc.  Roaches like to hide in dark places and come out when it gets dark.

Finally spray a LOT into each room and close the doors.  Exit the house and come back in an hour or so.  There should be a bunch of dead cockroaches.  Put down a few of the cockroach baits.  Tuck them back into dark corners of cabinets, behind the toilet, etc.  You need to replace them about every three months.  You cannot really eliminate roaches here, you basically try to control and limit their number. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I do not recall any cockroach control companies,

There  must be as I see them from time to time late at night fumigating restaurants in the IT Park.

Im sure google will have some info.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Connman said:

Is there a company or service that will spray for Cockroaches in Cebu City. My girlfriend is being overcame with them as she lives close to a canal which is being full of water from all the rains. Thank you for your help! I still live in the states and here there is "Will Kill" or the Orkin man...

Nobody has suggested this here yet... But I think you should advise her to do the above actions - i.e. spray and then use the cockroach "hotels" - the baits... They work brilliantly. However, she needs to also rid her house of foods that attract the critters. She must clean her kitchen and home of all foods. Any time she cooks or eats, the leftovers or scraps need to be disposed of promptly. Put any food into plastic bags and then take it outside to dispose. The nasty bugs will go to where the food is easiest and available... If you don't do this, you/she are wasting money and effort...

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Connman said:

Yes, rent a kill.

• Like 1