Girlfriend is pregnant

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

What? No foreplay? :makeup_80_anim_gif:

I assumed that was included in the 2 secs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Regardless how long you'd been in the Philippines I'd have a DNA test just for my own piece of mind and to save unnecessary financial and personal issues. 

I understand what you are saying, and why, but we don't really know the couple's relationship status and asking her to agree to a DNA test may well be unreasonable for both of them.  It's OK to say "I want peace of mind etc etc" but there is an element of disrespect in doing a DNA test - would we do the same in the UK if we were in a stable relationship, I'm not so sure we would.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seems your friends like to share :tiphat:

Their partners certainly do.  One good thing that has come about with my friend is he's now been unemployed for over a month and it looks like his previous employer has folded the company without paying him.  He's had no money now for about 3 weeks and an almost empty fridge.  Now that his PESO nality has gone she's confided in my friends partner that she's heading for greener pastures. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I understand what you are saying, and why, but we don't really know the couple's relationship status and asking her to agree to a DNA test may well be unreasonable for both of them.  It's OK to say "I want peace of mind etc etc" but there is an element of disrespect in doing a DNA test - would we do the same in the UK if we were in a stable relationship, I'm not so sure we would.  

I know where you're coming from but for me and the experiences I've seen I wouldn't shy away from a DNA test.  Sure you can be subtle and explain it away as a requirement for the child's passport etc but I've always told my partners from day one if they expect marriage and a family I will be having a DNA test.  If they are offended then there's the door. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I know where you're coming from but for me and the experiences I've seen I wouldn't shy away from a DNA test.  Sure you can be subtle and explain it away as a requirement for the child's passport etc but I've always told my partners from day one if they expect marriage and a family I will be having a DNA test.  If they are offended then there's the door. 

Maybe not even a requirement, but it would certainly streamline the process wouldn't it? Hours of questioning and demands for tons of Photos? At least for the USA.:thumbsup:

Edited by robert k
spelling
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, robert k said:

Maybe not even a requirement, but it would certainly streamline the process wouldn't it? Hours of questioning and demands for tons of Photos? At least for the USA.:thumbsup:

Yes.  What was I thinking?  It would make the process fool proof and cut back on inefficiencies.  They'll never make it compulsory. :hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, robert k said:

You could be right.  I spent many hours putting together the requirements for CRBA.  If the Embassy offered a lower cost DNA option as an either / or choice, I might have gone for it.  Maybe $500 max would be worth it?  However, you will still have to supply quite a few documents like the PSA BC, etc.

Hours of questioning is actually about 5 minutes.  If they don't like your application, straight to the DNA test!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

You could be right.  I spent many hours putting together the requirements for CRBA.  If the Embassy offered a lower cost DNA option as an either / or choice, I might have gone for it.  Maybe $500 max would be worth it?  However, you will still have to supply quite a few documents like the PSA BC, etc.

Hours of questioning is actually about 5 minutes.  If they don't like your application, straight to the DNA test!

Maybe if they made the DNA test standard, it would be cheaper, but I doubt it.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seems your friends like to share :tiphat:

Pasalubong.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'd say it 100% depends on the relationship - I just cannot see that a DNA test is required unless there is an element of doubt.  If there's an element of doubt then I'm not sure I'd be going forward in the relationship.  I suppose if you're up front from Day 1 fair enough.