Sazuki APV

robert k
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

IMHO if you live here permanently you won't need a lot of HP in a car. Unless you plan on driving on the few true highway toll roads that exist. Traffic on the other roads rarely exceed 50 mph. I'm 6'1" and bought a Chevy Sail a few years back and have plenty of leg room even with the seat not all the way back. :mellow: 

I mostly agree with what you said here. I have driven the expressways with my L300 and it was fine there. It's when it comes to safe passing in high population areas on the two lane National Highway that I wish I had about double the horsepower, not so I could pass when I shouldn't but for an extra margin of safety because everyone is going to miscalculate some time.

Some people are going to speed up because they don't want you to pass them. The same people who if they had just been doing 40kph to begin with you wouldn't be passing them. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

I wish I had about double the horsepower, not so I could pass when I shouldn't but for an extra margin of safety

This is the main reason I prefer the 2.8 diesel Innova we have in Cagayan to the 1.3 petrol Avanza we have in Ozamiz.

And honestly the Innova uses less diesel than the Avanza uses petrol.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think we discussed this before.  I am 6'2" and I don't fit in the Innova.  My fat legs are snug against the steering wheel and there is no steering wheel adjustment in the one I tried on.  At 6' 4", make sure you try one on.  If you have skinny legs it might be ok.

Consider an Avanza with 1.5 engine.  We had a 2009 1.3 and the seating position was very comfortable for me.  Engine was a bit weak.  You can get a top of the line for about p 1 mil, less than 20k usd.

Actually there is steering wheel adjustment on the Innova, it's under the column, not in plain view. When I checked out the Brio Amaze, I asked the sales person and they told me there was none but with a little searching I found one.

• Like 1