Split or Windowtype Aircon?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

. When the inverters mess up, they are much more expensive to get fixed - and here in the PIs, good luck on finding qualified craftsmen.

I appreciate your input as a profession, especially when it agrees with my experience as a user. :hystery:

"Professional a/c repairmen" in the Philippines see inverter a/c problems as a blank check.  Well to be honest, I only had to have one fixed once but they charged me 7000 pesos just for some kind of circuit board they replaced. 

But its worse than that.  Even the regular, Daikin split unit can be a problem.  One established AirCon company in Philippines was able to install it and clean it but when it developed a problem they said "we don't repair Daikin's, only Polaris is authorized to do that".   Duh!  Why wasn't I told that when you installed the dang thing (I purchased it online).

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Duh!  Why wasn't I told that when you installed the dang thing (I purchased it online).

Sorry about your problem, Dave... Maybe that's why it's called aircon?:unsure:

• Haha 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Enaugh of this from my side. I am here to get advices and many members have helped me. I appreciate that very much!

:cheers: :thumbsup: :smile:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Back Aircons EH?:wink: as many have said and Our Dave"H" Indicated, Split Units do have a Problem with Inverters that are not kept clean, what we have experienced is that a problem can occur on this where Dust and Debris from Outside can be drawn in, Now I do not Smoke in the House yet My Engineer tells me that someone does because of the smoke residue is present on the fan Blades, Luckily on one visit my Neighbor was cooking on Wood right behind My back wall, The smoke from not quite dry wood was creeping over the Wall and seemed to be getting Sucked in to the Compressor Unit, We always wondered what the smell was although not very Strong, So again a lot depends where you site the Compressor Unit, High they say But I wonder?...........:smile: A good friend of mine Sadly passed on Now Had his on the Ground well 9 inches off and apart from the Dog once in a while using it as a Tree, No problems so :whatever:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Had his on the Ground well 9 inches off and apart from the Dog once in a while using it as a Tree, No problems so :whatever:

Dog pee should keep the dust away, Still not sorted my 'tenants' aircon out! I think he just over used it and basically fooked it up, now he keeps complaining about his leccy bill.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, jimeve said:

, Still not sorted my 'tenants' aircon out! I think he just over used it and basically fooked it up,

Jim I tend think not overused but more like Worked to hard ( Too small to cope with the Area concerned especially if Doors are left Open:wink:)

JMHO

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/9/2019 at 8:45 PM, OzeMike said:

True! 

But we only need a small air con for the bedroom which is not that large. 

My lady doesn't like it too cold anyway.. if she had her way she'd have just a stand fan pointing to the ground :571c66d400c8c_1(103): and lay on top of the sheets lol

How lucky you are...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I appreciate your input as a profession, especially when it agrees with my experience as a user. :hystery:

"Professional a/c repairmen" in the Philippines see inverter a/c problems as a blank check.  Well to be honest, I only had to have one fixed once but they charged me 7000 pesos just for some kind of circuit board they replaced. 

But its worse than that.  Even the regular, Daikin split unit can be a problem.  One established AirCon company in Philippines was able to install it and clean it but when it developed a problem they said "we don't repair Daikin's, only Polaris is authorized to do that".   Duh!  Why wasn't I told that when you installed the dang thing (I purchased it online).

We also had an issue with a 3/4 HP split power Daikin. After 12m months from installation we requested a cleaning of the unit. This was the beginning of a 4 month battle, the company just had some Cowboys do the cleaning and charged us P800. Never fired up after the cleaning, company was determined it was so our responsibility to finance the new motherboard required. This dragged on and on, finally informed them it was going to court, no ifs or buts. Within a week they replaced the mother board how ever left us an Ac out for over P13K ....we shall see how ever it sure not going to paid.

Have also a split 1HP Daikin non inverter which I did the cleaning on, it's quiet and performing as expected.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim I tend think not overused but more like Worked to hard ( Too small to cope with the Area concerned especially if Doors are left Open:wink:)

JMHO

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

JMHO

Same thing, It was like walking into a freezer (the room)  when I examine the aircon set at 26c. Had the :smile: professionals examine the aircon, they said it's cold so it's working fine:rolleyes:  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2