Split or Windowtype Aircon?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Or maybe on a lighter note;       Aircon wrong.jpg :hystery:

Must be Bagio where it gets cold at night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Important finding.  :smile:

Our 15 year old daughter has a male "best friend" who went to her school last year but now the family moved out to Bataan so he goes to another school.  Nice kid.  He came by for a visit last Sunday and we had to leave, so he came with us.  Then we dropped him at his father's business.

His father owns then new Daikin franchise here.  I will need to make sure our daughter stays on good terms with them!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Can anyone suggest a store where they found the best prices for split type inverter aircon units? I am thinking Panasonic for reasons previously discussed here but also Kopel. I have not priced them yet but I know that Citi Hardware, Wilcon, SM Appliance carry at least some of these. I would also need installation and am interested in quality of service too. I realize the service aspect will likely differ between here and other locations but maybe there is  trend or history that some can share?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

best prices

When we built and shopped for all types of appliances we priced Wilcon, SM appliance, Albertson, Home Depot and a couple of other plases. We notised that the prise only varied by a few hundred pesos at most, unless we stumbled on to one that was on sale. In fact they were so close in prise I wondered at the time if there was coordinated prise fixing going on :hystery:. Just my experience 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

When we built and shopped for all types of appliances we priced Wilcon, SM appliance, Albertson, Home Depot and a couple of other plases. We notised that the prise only varied by a few hundred pesos at most, unless we stumbled on to one that was on sale. In fact they were so close in prise I wondered at the time if there was coordinated prise fixing going on :hystery:. Just my experience 

Wow! You did a lot of comparison shopping. And thanks, too, I forgot about Abenson. I bought the stereo there and it was cheaper than the other places I checked by a little bit. How about the installation? Did you do that or did the store where you bought hire someone or have their own crew?

And I have noticed the same thing that prices seem very close on many products in different stores.

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

How about the installation?

Stove, we had the guys who built the house shove it into place. We got our carrier split air from SM appliance and used the installer that they recommended and currently use the servicing company for routine service that they recommended. 7 years and no problem so far :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

Stove, we had the guys who built the house shove it into place. We got our carrier split air from SM appliance and used the installer that they recommended and currently use the servicing company for routine service that they recommended. 7 years and no problem so far :thumbsup:

Thanks, Scott - good information!

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have been looking around as well. Albertsons looked quite good and there installation cost were good, about 5k per unit. All homes had a good range but there installation cost were about 7.5k per unit. We are looking for two 1HP and one 2 HP. I liked the look of the Everest unit, cheap but apparently Chinese made. The Carrier were a lot more expensive but seemed far more economic to run. So might be worth the extra 20k or so.

Edited by Gary D

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Anyone looking for a split aircon may want to talk to the local businesses who specialize in that brand.  There are 3 such businesses that I know of in Dumaguete.  Each will supply and install and service and warranty their own product only.  Some will also install brands that they do not repair but if the unit breaks down you are on your own.  I was quite pleasantly surprised to find a local firm who would supply, install, warranty and repair (if required) a low end Japanese 1 and 1/2 HP inverter split unit for under 40,000 pesos.  Warranty is good for 5 years and the local business has a good reputation.  So far it is working well.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We have bought 3 Split-type Panasonic units from Emcor appliance store - we shopped around and they were the cheapest.  However, the price difference wasn't that great so i'm not sure it was worth the effort.  One thing we noticed was that some stores were significantly cheaper for the units but significantly more expensive for installation (on one occasion SM Appliance wanted 5K!!!!) - which, whilst not compulsory, was pretty much required as they said the warranty would not be under them if we chose another installer.  What we like about Emcor is that they don't sub-contract the work, all installation/repair/cleaning is done by them whereas SM, for example, use sub-contractors.  

• Like 2