Monthly utilities costings

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If you have a few minutes spare and are bored can you spend a little time trying to answer this question, monthly costings, I do know everyone are different in what they are using but I am willing to read everyone who will reply.

I know gas is by the bottle but not sure how long this would last , so electric cost plus water are these monthly bills or yearly or even quarterly  , what about land tax/rates and is there anything like house insurance and content insurance.

If there is anything that you know I have forgot about please add , by the way the property is in Marikina

Thank you 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

land tax/rates

These will depend on if you buy the house and put it in your wife's name or live in the family home. My brother in laws house and ours are about the same size, his taxes are about 3k peso a year our new house is about 12k a year. Here is a tip, (at least in our town) Taxes are due 1 January, if you pay them in the month of November you get a 20% discount, in December a 10% discount, in January its full price. If you don't pay they will take your house away...……….in 25 years :hystery::hystery:

the rest I will just round up to the nearest 500 pesos

city water 500. drinking water 500, electricity 8-12000, cable tv 500, internet and land line 2000, cooking gas I really don't have a clue but its not that much.

I think in dollars and you think in kilos, pounds or what ever :whistling: so ill let you do the conversion lol

• Like 4

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, scott h said:

the rest I will just round up to the nearest 500 pesos

city water 500. drinking water 500, electricity 8-12000, cable tv 500, internet and land line 2000, cooking gas I really don't have a clue but its not that much.

I think in dollars and you think in kilos, pounds or what ever :whistling: so ill let you do the conversion lol

These are monthly figures Steve and due each month.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Cable internet (10 Mbps) and cable TV package 2799, electric 5000 to 10000, water (all types) 1000, cooking gas 1 bottle every few weeks (about 1500?), Rates are about 12000 yearly.  6 monthly service on the Innova at Toyota was 9000 last time and car insurance through Toyora was 37000 peso per year thus year. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Electric 2,500 to 6K per month.   See notes below.

Water about 500 per normal month, drinking water is 35 peso per 5 gallons delivered.

Property tax is 1% of assessed valuation.  Assessed valuation is often much lower than real value.

Satellite TV 1000 per month (a lot of channels)

Phone load about 200-300 peso per month for each phone.  This is for unlimited text message, plus limited minutes for calling.

Internet - we are in the province and use Globe at home.  50 peso good for 1 gig of data, expires after three day or 1 gig whichever come first.

Gasoline - approximately 45 peso per liter depending on grade and location.

Note - Water varies a lot as during dry season we need to water plants and grass daily and we also have a small swimming pool that we drain/refill on about a three month schedule.  The 500 number does not include a pool fill.  Also the electric can vary a lot.  During wet season with no AC and an empty pool it can be as low as 2500.  During dry season using some AC and running the pool filter on a scheduled basis it has reached 6,000.

Edited by Mike J
spelling
  • Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

For us Electric is on average 2500 pesos a month which includes split inv A/C on 8hrs a day, 2 fridges kettle,a 220v fan run on 110v in the front room for les noise CCTV 24/7/365 . Water bill average 550 pesos when watering plants.Internet  up to 50 mps plus landline is 2100 pesos bottled gas is 700 pesos, cable TV 700 pesos Netflix 460 pesos .  Wifes diabetic medicines and insulin  inc doctors fees  5000 pesos.  Car servicing for Suzuki Ertiga between 2000-8000 pesos depending on the service done every 6 months  . We buy drinking water 6 ltr bottles 9 per month , and water for cooking and coffee in blue containers 30p delivered each we use 9 a month for the 3 of us.

This is for Los Banos .

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I live in a 5 -roomed shack in the (Pangasinan) province, 3 miles out of town, but lucky enough to have fibre cable running along our road (plus mains water, and an electricity line ). Just me, the Mrs, and our little boy. We own it, no rent.

Our electricity bill averages around p1300 a month.  We don't have aircon.  I prefer it that way. 

Water: p200-250.

Drinking water p20 per 5 galls, delivered.

PLDT Fibre internet (20mb... but normally 25+)  p1899 per month.  Gives us landline also, but only for receiving calls... unless I pay extra for a phone package. Cable TV also available, but I don't want or need.  We're not talking large amounts extra.

Cooking gas ... I think is about p1300 now, for 11kg bottle. .. can't remember, but lasts us at least a couple of months. 

The wife's Social Security payment is p1000 per month.

Food is the biggest bill, when you're not paying rent,  but that's up to you and your eating habits.  

Transport ... using bro-in-law's trike, or public transport, probably costs us p2-3,000  per month. 

Visa/Balikbayan trip ... divided into 12 months would be around p2500 per month for us (A short break in Hong Kong.... though probably Taiwan next time, the way things are going :( . That's if I don't go for a 13A visa this year.... which would probably be half the cost of a Balikbayan break. 

The rest is 'pocket money' .

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Electric around P1200 monthly, no aircon or fans but plenty of other including electric kettle and water pump for well. Water inc drinking from well no cost. Internet I just use data on my phone around P400 monthly. No tv service, I give stepson P100 weekly to go to internet cafe to download movies for me, between 10-20 each time. Gas, 22kg bottle lasts 3-4 months, with oven use, depending on usage. Food shop varies but averages at P10,000 monthly. That is good home cooked food with a few extras like cheese etc. If you drink tea bring lots of tea bags with you as tjey are becoming expensive and only limited brands. I use a Aerox scooter for transport, running around costs P100 peso weekly. Going to imm is a 130km round trip and uses less than the 4.6ltr tank.

Depending on your requirements for your lifestyle and your area,  prices and spending can vary greatly. Have fun while you're here. :smile:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

For us - 

Electricity - 3000

Water - 300

Gas - 250

Internet/Landline/Smartphone - 2000

Cignal - 1050

Netflix - 460

Home Insurance - 650

HOA - 200

Drinking Water - 500

Property/Land Tax - 350

Above are per month. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys for all the replies, I did not realise the cost of electricity , but it all depends on how much you would use.

The drinking water you have delivered do you keep it refrigerated .