Monthly utilities costings

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

If you have a few minutes spare and are bored can you spend a little time trying to answer this question, monthly costings, I do know everyone are different in what they are using but I am willing to read everyone who will reply.

I know gas is by the bottle but not sure how long this would last , so electric cost plus water are these monthly bills or yearly or even quarterly  , what about land tax/rates and is there anything like house insurance and content insurance.

If there is anything that you know I have forgot about please add , by the way the property is in Marikina

Thank you 

Marikina the shoe capital of the Phills.

Electricity. 6k to 7k.

Cignal. 1,800k

Globe landline and internet 15KBPS 2,500k

Housekeeper 6,000k

11 kilo gas container 629P lasts about 2 months.

Water. 1,100P

Rent. 7k for 2 bdrm 1 cr.

Monthly shopping at SaveMore for all of the household essentials like canned food,coffee, suger etc. 10k

Meat for the entire month 5k that we buy all at once at the market. We have a chest freezer.

This is in Cavite Province.

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Thanks boys for all the replies, I did not realise the cost of electricity , but it all depends on how much you would use.

The drinking water you have delivered do you keep it refrigerated .

It is delivered in large containers and we then transfer a small amount to a water jug we have in the kitchen.  I then pour a glass from that and put it in the refrigerator to cool.  So, in short, yes! 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve... I will only tell you about electricity and water - here in Davao...

Electricity:

We use three aircons for at least 8 hours every night, and sometimes (maybe twice weekly?) one for six hours in late afternoon/evening. We have power washing machine, hot water kettle, lights... Total monthly is about P7,000+/-. We have the water dispenser and refrigerator/freezer.

Water for utility - not drinking, because I just don't trust it - is somewhere between 200-300 normally. That includes watering plants outside and laundry.

Bottled water is P100 for three - 5 gallon - bottles. That lasts us about two weeks... We have a water bottle dispenser that has built-in refrigeration and heating and taps for each. I think the unit cost maybe P5,250? Well worth it to me so I can just tap off hot or cold water instantly any time I or L  wants it... just convenient...

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We have a dispenser that allows you to choose cold, hot, or room temperature water so yes it uses power.  After being here six years I tend to favor the room temperature water.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Correction:

My Mrs says the gas bottle (11kg) costs p580, and lasts us about 3 months.

(We do also have most 'mod cons' in the shack.. ie,  lots of fans, washing machine , microwave,  deep fat fryer, fridge/freezer, TVs, sound systems etc).  I'm just frugal. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Good you have the Mrs there to keep you honest Graham...:hystery: Just kidding...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Good you have the Mrs there to keep you honest Graham...:hystery: Just kidding...

More like... to compensate for my dementia . :89:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

More like... to compensate for my dementia . :89:

Yeah... I have the same assistance here too... I hate this getting old s***!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

Correction:

(We do also have most 'mod cons' in the shack.. ie,  lots of fans, washing machine , microwave,  deep fat fryer, fridge/freezer, TVs, sound systems etc).  I'm just frugal. lol 

And the electric vibrator cost? :crack-up:

• Haha 3