Dental Implants

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I'm jut going to pay the $950 for my crown here in the U.S. and be done with it, I've already been through the hard part, then I will cancel my insurance, If i have any teeth go south in the Philippines I will have them extracted pending a trip to the U.S. for an implant procedure, I prefer that to having a root canal, I hate root canals and they seem to fail a lot. I just don't think I would be comfortable having anything major done over there, I'm not saying there aren't good dentists over there, it's just finding one that worries me.

We have some good dentists here in Subic and I think each major city has a few good ones.  Manila has a lot, scatter around.  Unfortunately, dental problems come on fast and unpredictably, so I would suggest you try to establish a relationship with a good one.  There may not be time to go home.  Some dentists and clinics here are as good or better than the typical U.S. dentist.

The German dentist I am dealing with said that most root canals will go bad later in life.  The one that is giving me problems now was done around 1980, so it is almost 40 years old!

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We have some good dentists here in Subic and I think each major city has a few good ones.  Manila has a lot, scatter around.  Unfortunately, dental problems come on fast and unpredictably, so I would suggest you try to establish a relationship with a good one.  There may not be time to go home.  Some dentists and clinics here are as good or better than the typical U.S. dentist.

The German dentist I am dealing with said that most root canals will go bad later in life.  The one that is giving me problems now was done around 1980, so it is almost 40 years old!

Maybe I'll hit you up for their information when we get there. By the way, off topic question, do you know if the old base housing units still have 110v outlets?

Edited by Heeb

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, Tommy T. said:

Glad it all is working out for you and your misses and I don't think you can go wrong with a world class teacher of that technology... Wish I had met them when I needed my breast implants... That is definitely different than my experience in such wonderful ways!:laugh:

Are we on the same page here :89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

Maybe I'll hit you up for their information when we get there. By the way, off topic question, do you know if the old base housing units still have 110v outlets?

Sure, no problem.  I guess I did not realize you were considering Subic, or more likely, I forgot!

Regarding 110, it depends on the house now.  Many have been renovated and they often change everything to 220.  However, quite a few have both.  When we bought (leased) this house, it had both.  I had the electrician convert all the outlets 220 and it was easy due to the wiring setup.  I'm not well versed in that so I can't describe it in detail.

Our last house had both.  An outlet would have a 2 plug receptacle and one was labeled 220 and one 110.  I found it a pain and we needed more 220 outlets all over the house. 

Currently, I use a big AVR for some 110 stuff in my home theatre and I still have a few 110 power tools that are not used much.  I just use the AVR with an extension cord for those, when needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Another visit to the dentist today!  We only skipped Sunday.  We have been there 5 out of 6 days now.  Today was a holiday but she scheduled my daughter for an orthodontic exam, and the German guy just took a look at my wife's sutures.  Even though she made plaster impressions of my daughter, no charges today.  She has offered a very fair price for the orthodontics.  More than the cheapest quote we got from a young dentist, far less than the highest quote.

The trips to her office are fun!  My wife and Dr. K get along really well.  I chat with the German guy, and today her BFF, a Korean lady, entertained my two little girls and they entertained her!  We stayed around 1.5 hours for 30 minutes of work!

Before we went we stopped at the Harbor Point Mall for an updated surround X-ray of my daughter.  Dr. K doesn't have that machine.  They charge p1000.  I actually went to that dentist a few years ago but didn't care for her.  While there, my wife asked what they charge for an implant.  p80,000!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

More than the cheapest quote we got from a young dentist, far less than the highest quote.

12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

my wife asked what they charge for an implant.  p80,000!

OMW... I am really pleased to see that you are getting quality care for very reasonable prices. Just remember that you get what you pay for... But it sounds like you will get top quality there and I am happy to hear that!

And, believe me, for P80,000 for an implant? That sounds super reasonable for me - especially if that includes the "crown" or whatever anyone wishes to call the fake tooth part.

Just do you and your wife a favour and get the toughest material available for the fake tooth part? Then you and she should be done with that possibly for life!

Edited by Tommy T.

• 3 weeks later...
mark richards
Posted
Posted

Are implants affordable, and reliable, in phils? My U.S.dental insurance doesn't cover them. I've had good work (crown & bridge) done in Eastwood City, for a low price, but in Makati a high-tech dentist charged prices comparable to in U.S.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, mark richards said:

in Makati a high-tech dentist charged prices comparable to in U.S.

I haven't seen implants catching on here in Philippines.  Lots of root canals and crowns but the implants are uncommonly expensive IMHO.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mark richards said:

but in Makati a high-tech dentist charged prices comparable to in U.S.

And what would that price be?

Our new dentist, as described above, normally charges p60,000 for one implant.  That is about 1145 USD.  I don't think you can find that price in the U.S.

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I haven't seen implants catching on here in Philippines.  Lots of root canals and crowns but the implants are uncommonly expensive IMHO.

Probably true for most locals, but with our high expat population here in Subic, there are quite a few being done.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

And what would that price be?

Our new dentist, as described above, normally charges p60,000 for one implant.  That is about 1145 USD.  I don't think you can find that price in the U.S.

Probably true for most locals, but with our high expat population here in Subic, there are quite a few being done.

Don $1150 .00 USD is half the price of cut rate implant clinics here in Washington State.  All in from a quality dental expert $2500 min would be expected.

Mark, I have read and heard from those who have it done that Thailand is an affordable location for high quality dental implants. I do not know any clinics perhaps you can find something online?

I also know some wealthy Filipinos fly to Japan, Hong Kong or US for implants.  

• Like 1