I pad and android

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

You guys are way out of my league on these things. All I have is desktop PC. No cell phone even. :4617: 

AK... Maybe it's time to catch up to the 19th century? Step by step and we can help you into the 20th and maybe the 21st if we all live long enough?:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

AK... Maybe it's time to catch up to the 19th century? Step by step and we can help you into the 20th and maybe the 21st if we all live long enough?:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

Doubtful. I'm already stuck where I am and am very happy with it! But thanks for the kind offer.:15:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Doubtful. I'm already stuck where I am and am very happy with it! But thanks for the kind offer.

I respect your position and admire it... AK...:tiphat: Next beer's on me!

Remember, I sailed on a small yacht for over 20 years... We had the conveniences, but no worldly news for most of that time. There was a lot of peace and tranquility (between the typhoons, 20+ foot seas and 2 am squalls).

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use  SHAREit  . I typically use it for IPhone to IPad ( and vice versa ) and IPhone and IPad to PC .  Occasionally PC to IPad and IPhone . I know it can do android. One stipulation is that both devices must be connected to the same router which is the typical situation anyway. Sometimes it will offer to generate a scan code to be scanned in by the opposite device to help them connect. My transfers are typically 2 Mega bits per second or better.  If at first you don’t succeed , Don’t give up

https://shareit.one/

You can use this on a yacht in the middle of the ocean! Only stipulation is that they are connected to the same router. Router does not have to be connected to the internet!   One reason to hold onto an old router.

Edited by Rayj
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have a iPad Pro and my mobile phone is a Nokia android , so can I download my pictures from my phone to the iPad, I have tried but somehow it just will not let me, I have even tried to Bluetooth them together but the iPad keeps coming up with cannot find, is there a problem with my phone or iPad or is it a case that you just cannot mate them together , thanking you for any replies 

Are you sure the Nokia is set to be discoverable via bluetooth?

I think this should work on Nokia.  Press the “Menu” key on your phone or tap “Menu” on the home screen. Press or tap “Settings,” "Connections,” then “Bluetooth.” Enable Bluetooth mode on the  phone, and ensure that Discovery mode is on and active.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Still no joy, so just a couple of more goes then that’s it until Emma gets back in 16 days time then it’s her problem.

Thanks everyone .

Edited by stevewool
Added to it

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Download mediamonkey it lets me transfer photos and music to the wifes iphone

But you will also need itunes !

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Download mediamonkey it lets me transfer photos and music to the wifes iphone

But you will also need itunes !

I am thinking iTunes has something to do with it, 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The Android should natively have GooglePhotos (since it has free pic storage you should be backing up to it anyway).  You can get the app for your iPad from their playstore (or whatever they call it). 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

I am thinking iTunes has something to do with it, 

Yes Apple have made it hard to use other software but their own but mediamonkey solves the problem

But you still need the itunes software to connect to first and then change the settings so your iphone etc can be seen in mediamonkey