Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sonjack2847

Service charges on the way.

Recommended Posts

I think when this happens they will have to up their game, sadly I doubt it.

REAKING: Duterte signs service charge bill
By: Neil Arwin Mercado - Reporter / @NAMercadoINQ INQUIRER.net / 05:47 PM August 13, 2019

MANILA, Philippines —President Rodrigo Duterte has signed a bill that would allow workers in hotels, restaurants and other related establishments to receive 100 percent of the service charge collected from customers

Under Republic Act No. 11360, which was signed August 7, all rank-and-file and supervisory employees should receive 100 percent of the service charge collected.

ADVERTISEMENT

The law amends the Article 96 of the Labor Code of the Philippines, which states that the employees are only entitled to 85 percent of the service charge in hotels, restaurants and similar establishments.

READ: Bicam panel OKs giving 100 percent service tip to workers

Those who are classified as managers or those “who lay down and execute management policies or to effectively recommend such managerial actions” are not included among those who will receive share in the service charge.

Senator Joel Villanueva, who chairs the Senate committee on labor, said that with the signing of the law, the government put an end to the 40-year struggle of hospitality workers.

“Sa wakas, natapos na rin po natin ang laban ng ating mga manggagawa sa services sector na matagal nang hinihiling ang buong pagbabahagi ng service charge sa mga nagbibigay ng serbisyo sa mga restaurant, hotel, at mga katulad na establisyimento,” Villanueva said in a statement.

 


Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1153397/breaking-duterte-signs-service-charge-bill#ixzz5wX21Pq7P
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Kevi at least it's a good start how ever I am very sceptical it will flow through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Well Kevi at least it's a good start how ever I am very sceptical it will flow through.

:89: A lot will Depend on Owners and Managers methinks Guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the enforcers receive 25%, workers will never see the other 75%.

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: A lot will Depend on Owners and Managers methinks Guys

There was a bar in Dalaguete where the owners kept 100% of the tips. So we started giving the servers it ourselves.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

There was a bar in Dalaguete where the owners kept 100% of the tips. So we started giving the servers it ourselves.

Thats a recipe for getting someone fired if they get caught.  You can do as you wish but the servers better follow the management's orders if they want to keep their jobs.  I have noticed some establishments search the employees on entrance to the business and again on exit.  I want the job of searching the pretty servers to see if they are concealing secret tips :hystery:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thats a recipe for getting someone fired if they get caught.  You can do as you wish but the servers better follow the management's orders if they want to keep their jobs.  I have noticed some establishments search the employees on entrance to the business and again on exit.  I want the job of searching the pretty servers to see if they are concealing secret tips :hystery:

The bad thing about it was that they were only paid 100 pesos per day anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...