Dumaguete is starting to Clamp down on Traffic Violators

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They were all warned But..............:whatever:

DUMAGUETE CITY, Negros Oriental, Aug 20 (PIA)–Dumaguete City’s Traffic Management Office (TMO) in cooperation with other law enforcement agencies nabbed 16, 334 traffic violators in response to Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo’s directive to restore order in the city's streets. 

The City government slapped traffic violators with corresponding penalties from July 2017 up to June 30, 2018.

TMO Head Gilbert Ablong Sr. in his report to Mayor Remollo said that they impounded 2, 941 motor vehicles in the same period.

Some of these impounded vehicles (mostly motorcycles) were apprehended including the drivers through the inter-agency Oplan Displina implemented in cooperation with the Provincial Highway Patrol Group, Land Transportation Office and the City Philippine National Police.

Among the violations are driving without licenses, no registration, modified mufflers, illegal parking, refusal to convey passengers, etc.

TMO has also established engineering pavement marking including pedestrian lanes in 30 intersections and school zones, delineation of sidewalks and setback and 181 parking boxes.

Some 3, 000 drivers of motorcabs for hire underwent seminars for responsible driving of public transport by the TMO.

Mayor Remollo has already indicated his objective to install traffic light system in major intersections and streets so that the TMO personnel can focus in enforcement rather than manning the streets to direct traffic.

Once the CCTVs shall have been installed, Mayor Remollo said that the no contact policy in apprehending violators will be implemented to ensure accurate recording of any violation or incident and to eradicate any suspicion of wrongdoing and extortion on the part of the enforcers or motorists. (jct/PIA7-Negros Oriental with reports from CPIO Dems Demecillo)

Traffic enforcement Dumaguete 

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1012036

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As a Follow up to the previous Post

89 more apprehended in the discipline zone in day and night operations

Enforcers of the discipline zone arrested more violators of various infractions to include illegal parking and for smoking in public places. Six more motorcycles have also been impounded.

Members of the Technical Working Group composed of the City DILG Officer Farah Diba Gentuya, City Councilor Michael Bandal, Assistant City Administrator Dinno Depositario, Engr. Wilfredo Oira of the City Engineer’s Office and City PNP Chief-of-Police Supt. Jonathan Pineda report to Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo the gains and challenges in the implementation of the discipline zone.

Mayor Remollo lauded the team for its firm and unprecedented efforts in restoring law and order in the streets as he reiterates his full support to the project.

http://dumaguetecity.gov.ph/2018/03/04/89-more-apprehended-in-the-discipline-zone-in-day-and-night-operations/

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wonder how long the enforcement will last Jack.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Wonder how long the enforcement will last Jack.

:whatever: Who knows Bruce but this New Mayor has Balls and we are all hoping things will continue to get better, I tend to think the CCTV venture will pay Dividends if the Operators can stay awake long enough :whistling:

I can't find the List but August 7 yielded some 680+ helmet and or Flip Flop offences, the odd one was 5 Foreigners in the City with no Shirts + 1 Urinating :571c66d400c8c_1(103): We shall see :smile:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

violators of various infractions to include illegal parking and for smoking in public places.

I wonder when they will start to enforce that on foreigners :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

I also wonder what smoking has to do with traffic violations.  Seems like the author of the news article is trying to tally up sensationalist numbers.  Next think you know they will be including farting in public as an evil that needs to be corrected.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I also wonder what smoking has to do with traffic violations. 

You see Dave the TMO are enforces also of the no smoking Ordinance and their reports are filed as Violations that they  are accountable for, I realize that you like a little controversy in your replies but it is what it is

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Some 3, 000 drivers of motorcabs for hire underwent seminars for responsible driving of public transport by the TMO.

Well they didn`t listen as they still drive like fools. The people who will be most adverse to the changes are probably the poorer ones up the mountain.

• Like 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

The article is from 2018 and doesn't include any of 2019. They might have started out strong but it didn't last long. Seems the enforcers are now working the market area. North Highway is still a mess and getting worse everyday.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The article is from 2018 and doesn't include any of 2019. They might have started out strong but it didn't last long. Seems the enforcers are now working the market area. North Highway is still a mess and getting worse everyday.

That was the reason I added another Post for 2019 to show that they are apprehended maybe not as many But............:wink: In Fact when I can Locate the List from the TMO it will show a 4 day period that the 680+ helmet offenders were all this Month alone, having said that the Article is mainly about the Discipline Zone within the City which few people actually know much about (it seems) , thus the Article

Damned if they do and damned if they Dont do anything yet we will all still moan, :whatever:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Damned if they do and damned if they Dont do anything yet we will all still moan

I believe these laws are having an effect, in the last two years, I have seen in some areas a marked improvement in traffic behavior. As for smoking, (Just recently a smoker now ex ), you have the old die hard's and if you watch carefully, it's the younger generation they mainly target, the older ones mainly get a warning. Yes it's going to take time, but to build a house, the first brick has to be laid. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1