Dumaguete is starting to Clamp down on Traffic Violators

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Yes it's going to take time, but to build a house, the first brick has to be laid. :thumbsup:

Well from a few of the answers here and the inability at times for the LGO to achieve the desired result, maybe, the President is right and Negros needs Martial Law to bring back or instill Civil/ public Order, Then we can all Moan at the Extra Checkpoints and excessive  Enforcing of the Laws:whatever:  but Who am I and who are we? :smile:

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well from a few of the answers here and the inability at times for the LGO to achieve the desired result, maybe, the President is right and Negros needs Martial Law to bring back or instill Civil/ public Order, Then we can all Moan at the Extra Checkpoints and excessive  Enforcing of the Laws:whatever:  but Who am I and who are we? :smile:

Yes Jack, sometimes we forget we are only visitors and everything should be as how we envisioned our own countries should be, maybe a good optometrist would make a good living back home, there plenty of s---- Barack home to wing about. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Who am I and who are we?

Reminds me that it may be time to remind ourselves of this old story.

Saint Monica and her son, Saint Augustine, found out that Saturday was observed as a fast day in Rome, where they planned to visit. However, it was not a fast day where they lived in Milan. They consulted Saint Ambrose who said "When I am here (in Milan) I do not fast on Saturday, when in Rome I do fast on Saturday." That reply is said to have brought about the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Wonder how long the enforcement will last Jack.

Depends on if they are serious or not. It can be done if everyone believes that it's a permanent thing. If not it'll be back to the same. :shades:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Depends on if they are serious or not. It can be done if everyone believes that it's a permanent thing. If not it'll be back to the same. :shades:

They are serious, try and park legally in Dumaguete it's like winning the lottery for parking your car and finding a place that's legal to park Got my first parking ticket 2017 when they first enforced it. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Depends on if they are serious or not. It can be done if everyone believes that it's a permanent thing. If not it'll be back to the same

Takes time but how often now would you see a motorbike rider with no helmet in Cebu city.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Oh for now they are serious and the people of Dumaguete may as well get used to it, My Wife an ardent non believer now wear Helmet and shoes and Parks properly even with here Bike

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yes it's here to stay, they've finally woke up, there's money to be made out of lawbreakers. :hystery: and the bonus too, its legal. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yes it's here to stay, they've finally woke up, there's money to be made out of lawbreakers. :hystery: and the bonus too, its legal. :thumbsup:

Yeah, and guess who they target. Yep the foreigner.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh for now they are serious and the people of Dumaguete may as well get used to it, My Wife an ardent non believer now wear Helmet and shoes and Parks properly even with here Bike

A woman who parks properly? What is this world coming too?:hystery:

Edited by Arizona Kid
mispell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2